Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No thanks to VFN!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No thanks to VFN!

Well the 3" SS VFN Hood that I wanted so bad and was going to get from the insurance company to put on my car, buuuuuutttttt they can't get it to them for at least 6 weeks and my car will be ready in 2 weeks. I am not waiting 4 weeks to get that hood. So VFN just lost my business. NOt downgrading their hoods or doubting that on a normal circumstance order it wouldn't be so bad, but to not have a couple of hoods available to ship out immediately is bad business.

Sorry just venting cause I really wanted that hood.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

Default Re: No thanks to VFN!

they have it on their website for sale, but don't have any in stock ???

that seems kinda ignorant!
Old 06-25-2003, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Patience is a virtue. The only bad thing about not having patience in this situation, is that you really don't have any other alternatives. I'm curious about how they handle making their hoods though. I mean you would think that if they notice they're about out of stock on a hood, that they would start another production run on them.

Trilogy- Are you saying that since VFN doesn't have the 3" SS hoods in stock, they shouldn't advertise them on their site?? Discontinued items are one thing, but simply being out of stock is completely different.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would rather have my hood made and then directly shipped. Then i know it hasnt been sitting around getting all banged up, defintily a fiberglass hood. I waited 5 weeks for mine to be made.(Not from VFN)
Old 06-25-2003, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

i had to do the same for my hood... got into an accident and had them put on an SLP ram air HO hood. SLP too forever to get it to the body shop. car was all ready and waiting for the hood for 5 weeks. but in the end it was worth the wait, the hood looks awesome.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:25 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I'm sorry the time frame won't work out, you should try to borrow a stock hood in the interim.

VFN can hardly keep that 3" SS hood in stock, it's that popular.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

I waited about 4 weeks when I ordered my hood from them. Worth the wait though. I like John's suggestions. It doesn't make sense to settle for something less when you really want that hood.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:55 AM
FormerVendor

First, let me explain a bit about what we do...we are a small manufacturing shop that makes over 4000 parts. The majority of our products are geared for drag racing - bodies, fenders, doors...ect....with the large amount of orders that we recieve it is hard for us to keep the production time down to 4-6 weeks..but we do our part working many ot hours and making sure everything gets shipped in a timely manor....
We do not hide the fact that we make our products upon order - it is stated on our site, we do explain this to our customers when they order and this is one reason that we do not accept online orders; as we do not want any confusion about our time frame.
I appologize that the time frame will not work out for you....but unfortunately we cannot push you in front of other orders (this would not be fair to the customer who has waited his time frame for his ws6 hood or body package). We do try to get these out a little quicker then usual -between 2-5 weeks.
Now to say that we should not advertise an item because we do not keep it in stock, hate to say but this is ignorant...we have our site for customers (present and future) to check out the nice products they will recieve when they order. Along with customers cars that they can check out to see how nice the product fits...our parts are definately worth the wait..
Thanks.
Jeanie
Old 06-25-2003, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, no cutting in front of me! 8) I can hardly wait to get mine! And then it needs to stay on the car for 3-4 weeks before it gets painted.

Thank you for participating on the board Jeanie.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:06 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

This thread is . Don't blame the manufacturer because you don't have patience. VFN builds a qualty product and builds them to order. With 4,000 different parts in their catalog, there wouldn't be enough room to stock all of them.

BTW, I'm boycotting Jack-N-The-Box because I went in there today and they didn't have a bacon ultimate cheeseburger without onions sitting in a heat lamp waiting for me. The nerve of them!

Old 06-25-2003, 10:08 PM
PR Director

BTW, I'm boycotting Jack-N-The-Box because I went in there today and they didn't have a bacon ultimate cheeseburger without onions sitting in a heat lamp waiting for me. The nerve of them!

Old 06-26-2003, 02:20 AM
On The Tree

Whoa, whoa, whoa people. I'm not critizing VFN quality here, but when you know a hood is that popular then it is a good idea to keep a couple over the expected orders. Like I said in my previous post, If this would have been a normal circumstance order then it wouldn't be so bad cause I can just drive around until my hood gets here. But I want my car back as soon as possible to get out of this damn Corolla rent-a-car and it will be ready in two weeks, the hood is not worth another 4 weeks in a Corolla, sorry. I am getting the VFN 2" SS hood which they keep in stock and later down the line I might switch. Its just that VFN is the only people I know that do this, seems kinda weird, but their products are worth it.

PS - Keep cracking your lame *** jokes.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you want something so bad - sometimes you have to wait.

Baer Eradispeed rotors - Was a 12 week backorder
FIKSE Profil 13 wheels - Had a 4 week production time
Electron Blue Berger SS Phase II - 9 months!

Damn those bastards - for not keeping what I want, when I want it in stock!

Don't flame a company just because it doesn't meet your schedule.

OK the flame throwers are out - bye bye.

Quick Reply: No thanks to VFN!