Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

good home area's in phoenix?

Old 12-06-2007, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default good home area's in phoenix?

Hey there folks,

My lady and I are going to be looking at homes in the phoenix area next week (avondale/maricopa/goodyear). I was just wondering if anyone can recommend some newly developed areas that are the type where one can feel safe to leave the doors unlocked...

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-07-2007, 02:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They all have there bad spots. This valley is the 7th area in the U.S.. We always lock our doors here. You just have to decide what town you are going to live in and then find the best area in that town.

With that said. If I were you I would stay away from Maricopa (nasty diary smell over there at times)

I would also stay away from the north west side ( north of I 10 from I 17 to about 75th ave.

Also the town of Mesa is not the greatest.

The last 2 seem to be on the news alot if you know what i mean.

Then again where I live we have a serial rapist running around.

Avondale / Goodyear, not to bad but can be a nasty commute to work and back home.

You wonder how i know all this. I drive truck for living

Sorry for all the bad news. Glad I could help
Old 12-07-2007, 02:30 AM
11 Second Club

you left out guadalupe as a great place to live

na in all seriousness peoria, surprise, and litchfield park arent bad. Not sure if you would feel safer or not but you will have a lot of air force military members in the area also since the base is out this way. Not sure where your job is think you should post up were work is cause traffic is hell out here depending when it is
Old 12-07-2007, 07:06 AM
On The Tree

I dont have a job setup yet but most IT jobs I've seen are around phoenix/scottsdale. My fionce just graduated with a business finance degree and her uncle and aunt run pretty large financial firms in scottsdale. But commuting would not really be too big of a deal. Right now I drive 35 miles and traffic is pretty bad around here - I'm pretty used to it...
Old 12-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Teching In

i got a home out here in casa grande and i leave my doors unlocked no probs here and no smog woot woot
Old 12-07-2007, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

You would not want to commute from the west side to Scottsdale for sure. That would be 2 hours each way every day. If you know people in Scottsdale you might as well start there. Sounds like you have or will have some money soon. You might as well live were the money is. The older parts of Scottsdale are cheaper and would be a good place to start. Start at the 202 hwy and the 101 hwy and work your way north west. The more you go that way the money you will need.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Ahwatukee, Tempe, Chandler, EAST Mesa, Gilbert, Queen Creek, East Phx are the better area. I live in Queen Creek, bordering Gilbert, and its an awesome area.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Hey there folks,

My lady and I are going to be looking at homes in the phoenix area next week (avondale/maricopa/goodyear). I was just wondering if anyone can recommend some newly developed areas that are the type where one can feel safe to leave the doors unlocked...

Thanks in advance!
I don't know of any place these days where you can leave your doors unlocked and be safe; but in terms of safety and newly developed areas Gilbert is your best choice. There was a list released recently of the safest areas in the country to live in, and Gilbert was somewhere near the top(Surprise was the only other city in the Phoenix area that fared well). I live in SE Gilbert and it is a hugely fast growing area with tons of new developments(mostly your young to middle-aged professional crowd). With the housing market the way it is now, you can get into a spec or new build for an incredible deal, and when the market rebounds in the next couple of years you will make a very nice profit.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:57 AM
On The Tree

thanks a bunch for your replies, looking forward coming down there
Old 12-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by muscle96ss
I don't know of any place these days where you can leave your doors unlocked and be safe; but in terms of safety and newly developed areas Gilbert is your best choice. There was a list released recently of the safest areas in the country to live in, and Gilbert was somewhere near the top(Surprise was the only other city in the Phoenix area that fared well). I live in SE Gilbert and it is a hugely fast growing area with tons of new developments(mostly your young to middle-aged professional crowd). With the housing market the way it is now, you can get into a spec or new build for an incredible deal, and when the market rebounds in the next couple of years you will make a very nice profit.
x100. I love Gilbert! Still has that small town feeling, but with plenty of big town attractions (I now have a Westcor mall within 5 minutes of my house). The neighborhoods rock and the people are cool too

David
Old 12-12-2007, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Hey there folks,

Thanks in advance!
the cleveland indians are moving their spring training facility to goodyear, AZ.
not this spring in 2008, but in 2009. just thought i would let u know

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: good home area's in phoenix?