Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fast 78mm throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast 78mm throttle body

I was just wondering how good those throttle bodies are and what kind of power gain they might give?
Old 12-06-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blackZ28LS1
I was just wondering how good those throttle bodies are and what kind of power gain they might give?
You are probably better off using a ported stock TB and you should save some cash.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:40 AM

Yeah, I payed an arm and a leg for mine. I can't complain about the power my car made (not sure how much was gained just from the TB since I did a cam too). Now I'm wondering if I should stick with the setup I have (LS6 and 78mm FAST TB) or swap to a FAST 90/90.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If $$$ wasnt a object, people should engine dyno all mods to see a gain.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
If $$$ wasnt a object, people should engine dyno all mods to see a gain.
While I agree with this statement its not that simple. Some mods are done at the same time and would require a LOT of rework to dyno each individual mod. (reinstall tuning etc.) For instance the UD pulley is usually done when a cam is installed. The TB is usually replaced when the intake is replaced and some folks go nuts and do everything at once. I wanted to dyno my car with the LS6 intake and Ported TB then add the FAST but it would have taken too long to mess with everything.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:09 AM

Don't worry guys, when I'm rich I'm gonna get a dyno and spend all my time dynoing different combinations, lol.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by radkon
While I agree with this statement its not that simple. Some mods are done at the same time and would require a LOT of rework to dyno each individual mod. (reinstall tuning etc.) For instance the UD pulley is usually done when a cam is installed. The TB is usually replaced when the intake is replaced and some folks go nuts and do everything at once. I wanted to dyno my car with the LS6 intake and Ported TB then add the FAST but it would have taken too long to mess with everything.
Most varibility can be done via a Locked PCM so it wont allow for any adjustment by the computer, and when I mean $$$ wasnt a object, id wouldnt be working and bored out of my skull, so id be dynoing combos step by step. Only adjust PCM if required.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Most varibility can be done via a Locked PCM so it wont allow for any adjustment by the computer, and when I mean $$$ wasnt a object, id wouldnt be working and bored out of my skull, so id be dynoing combos step by step. Only adjust PCM if required.
When I win powerball tonight ($96 Million) I'll get to work on it!