Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP!! Need input!! H/C ls1 with ls7 clutch please chime in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP!! Need input!! H/C ls1 with ls7 clutch please chime in!!!

As of right know my car is at ace transmission and gilbert is up there taking excellent care of me. I am having them rebuild my tranny since I was having problem with 3 gear grinding. well needless to say he is on top of things and well is getting the tranny all taken care of. Well the unexpected problem was that my ram powergrip hd wasn't in the best shape that it should have been. the ram was worn past the specs that it should have been. It need replaced before I can put the tranny back in expecially while it is out I am gonna definally have him put a new clutch in. The question I am 99.9999 percent positive that i am gonna go with a ls2/ls7 combo. Which is what gilbert is recomending, Pat ws6 has that clutch combo in his car know and is make a good amount of power and absolutely love the clutch. I have driven the his car with it and cant say anything bad about it. Basically do you think that this would be the right clutch to put in the car, or should I go with something different. My car has Prc stage 1 ls6 heads, and magic stick 4, with 4.10 gears and some suspension work done also. All said and done I am looking to be pushing 450 rwhp and the max. What is your opinion, sugestions wanted!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 03:14 AM
TECH Resident

With the C6 Z06s rated at 505 bhp... that's what they're meant to handle, and according to the Z06 owners they don't hold up to much more than that. A few mods and they can't handle the LS7 anymore.

So what I'm saying is... you'd probably be pushing the limit if you really put down 450 rwhp (~520 bhp).

I just got my 2nd LS7 kit for my new LPE 346 with PP LS6 S3 heads, and LPE GT-11 cam. I'm fairly confident it'll be fine in there, but if it's not, I'm only down $399 for it. I only expect to put down 410 rwhp, though. That could be all the difference for that clutch.

It'll probably come down to what you're using it for (ie drag, street, both, slicks, street tires, drag radials, etc). It'd probably be just fine on the street with street tires.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:02 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My CETA was putting down close to 460 rwhp and I had the LS7 clutch backing it. I never had a single problem with it even when we sprayed the 150 shot on it. I was running Hoosier QTPs at the track.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:17 AM

450 would definally be the max i would be putting down. i think i will go with the ls7 thanks guys