Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1Edit, EFILive, AutoTap, Predator, Hypertech, etc

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 11:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1Edit, EFILive, AutoTap, Predator, Hypertech, etc

There seems to be some functional overlap here, and I am a bit confused. Can anyone point me toward some information on which does what and is used where? Or lay it out here? I don't want to start a flame war about which is best - just trying to find out what I have to buy to tune up after my coming c/h/bolton fest. My box of jets and timimg light don't seem to be much use today
Old 06-25-2003, 01:58 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LS1Edit, EFILive, AutoTap, Predator, Hypertech, etc

Auto-tap monitors engine vitals, thru computer codes, same as EFILive and a few others I believe. There is a bi-directional autotap where you can monitor and make changes but only while it hooked up and logging. this is for tuning as well.
Hypertech, good for turning fans on and adjusting auto shifts.
diablo, has a narrower range of monitoring than A-tap, but can also change timing, fans, trans, fuel. after using you can email your saved data to a programmer and they write a program for you rcar and you do this to dial inthe AFR, timing etc...if you add H/C paskage there is an additonal tuning charge, but you get tunes until it is right, and generally good customer support, so you can moinitor live data,and tune.
LS1Edit, needs a laptop and some kind of monitor like A-tap. Very in depth tuning ability, for you or your tuner to utilize. Loads if info on the board about what way to do what ya know. Hope this helps.