New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cooling fans....turn off???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cooling fans....turn off???

ive done the search and cant seem to find the answer....
i have a 2000 camaro and the cooling fans turn on at about 200 degress and dont seem to shut off...on low of course....even on the highway there on....are they ment to run at all times or are they suppose to shut off...
i think i have a stock thermostat but the temp gauge does not move..it stays at 200 all day even with the ac on...im not complaning about the temp its perfect but i dont want to ware out my fans......and its both fans running on low...all the time...
any input will be helpful..........thanks in advance
jon2000
Old 12-12-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like someone messed with ur fan setting in the computer.

if u know for a fact you have the stock stat in their. you need to find something to read the fan setting on ur computer to see what they are set at.

also sounds like someone might of just wired them to be on all the time, because on the highway they should off at a certain speed unless its still running hot and they overrided that option.

with the a/c on I think they run alot, but w/o a/c on and if running cool on the highway the fan(s) should be on I believe.

you need to find someone with one of those hand held tuners to maybe read or re set the fans for u.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:29 PM

Default stock stat

they wont turn on til 200 degrees.....so im wondering if i put a 160 the fans should turn off until the temp goes up to 200......thanks for your imput....but there on low all the time....
jon