Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

BW - FI/Bullseye/AirWerks/wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BW - FI/Bullseye/AirWerks/wtf?

I am really trying to understand the whole borg warner thing. Alot of people (reliable people) are saying that they are very good and although I was battling, I am interested in getting some personal testing and data out there.

Before I start testing and looking, I was wondering if someone (S10 or Jose) could explain the difference between a BW unit, a Bullseye unit and the Forced Inductions unit?

It seems like a twisted web of suppliers and buyers, just trying to figure it all out.

Thanks,
Justin
Old 12-13-2007, 12:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Justin call us directly and ask for Jose.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bullseye did research and development with BW to come out with the S units. Jose was also a part of this I am sure. Bullseye is part of a much larger company and they do casting for BW them selfs and some others. Jose and the guys at FI are taking these BW units or parts and making some very cool custom units. I have used their modded S78, and I will tell you it will blow the doors off a 78mm gt42 unit. I have also used the bullseye stuff like the unit on the 05' GTO a s374 with their race cover. That unit will blow the doors off just about any t4 80mm unit you can find. The numbers spoke for them selfs on both units and pr's were low to boot. Allowing lots of ignition advance cause there was no reversion because of the high flowing back sides of the units. They also came on remarkably quick with how well they would flow up top, making big power.

Call Jose, he knows his stuff. Give Bullseye a call to for that matter. If you have something with a gt42 chassis and have it maxed out you need to try a S unit. I still have yet to do a back to back on a FI vs. bullseye unit. Although I have seen some impressive numbers from such a test on a s480 and a s80r. I was quite impressed to see the 80r did do quite a number up top with the wastegates shut.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Bullseye did research and development with BW to come out with the S units. Jose was also a part of this I am sure. Bullseye is part of a much larger company and they do casting for BW them selfs and some others. Jose and the guys at FI are taking these BW units or parts and making some very cool custom units. I have used their modded S78, and I will tell you it will blow the doors off a 78mm gt42 unit. I have also used the bullseye stuff like the unit on the 05' GTO a s374 with their race cover. That unit will blow the doors off just about any t4 80mm unit you can find. The numbers spoke for them selfs on both units and pr's were low to boot. Allowing lots of ignition advance cause there was no reversion because of the high flowing back sides of the units. They also came on remarkably quick with how well they would flow up top, making big power.

Call Jose, he knows his stuff. Give Bullseye a call to for that matter. If you have something with a gt42 chassis and have it maxed out you need to try a S unit. I still have yet to do a back to back on a FI vs. bullseye unit. Although I have seen some impressive numbers from such a test on a s480 and a s80r. I was quite impressed to see the 80r did do quite a number up top with the wastegates shut.
Yes our S80 with our race cover made a good bit more power then the BullsEye S480 with the BW race cover on an individuals car that decided to take it upon himself and test it. Jose and Dan did the development work on alot of the BW stuff you see now. Jose did some CNC work I believe for BullsEye since BullsEye is a small company which is under a larger company called Eagle Alloy which makes rims. I know Jose and Dan have been good friends for quite some time. Also the units we do are modified a good bit more internally then BE units and we also offer some housings that are our own where BullsEye offers only housings from BW.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:53 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will still take a BE unit over a precision. And a FI over all though.

Quick Reply: BW - FI/Bullseye/AirWerks/wtf?