Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie Question? Dry Shot on C5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Newbie Question? Dry Shot on C5?

I want to put a dry shot on my m6 98 C5. Every C5 ive seen runs wet. I want to put a 75 or 100 shot on it. I was told i need to put the nozzle before my MAF, which makes sense. Do i need a window switch, and is it even safe to run dry on my car. i dont think my fuel system will give out, especially when i rarely spray. Do i need a new fuel pump, or anything. i was going to run NGK tr55's but was told the NGK tr6's work much better, True? Thanks for any input.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:21 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Newbie Question? Dry Shot on C5?

Just because you will rarely spray, does not make it safe! If you are pretty much stock or have some bolt ons, your current 28# injectors should handle a 75hp shot. I would get a window switch and WOT switch. Both are not that expensive and are good safety measures. It would be bad to blow a motor that you would rarely spray because of the lack of $200 in safety equipment

Old 06-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Teching In

i have a wot switch, and i guess i will pick up a window switch to be safe. is there any other safety equiptment i should buy? i will get the Z06 injectors when the fuel system needs it. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ahh I see you finally joined LS1 tech eh.

Well with nitrous you only have to go lean once and thats your motor right there. I would also pick up a fuel preasure saftey switch. It dosent matter what injectors you get weather theyre the ones off a Z06 or not. Just go with a set of ford racing 36 pound injectors, theyre pretty much the norm around herer as a lot of people use em. For the fuel pump go talk to Chris over at speed demon saturday. Hes a pretty nice guy and could probably cut you a deal on a full fuel system too. Good luck