Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cut out opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question cut out opinions

I have the car in my sig with those mods. I plan on getting the Magnaflow Catback and was thinking of putting in a manual cut out while I was at it. That will be all my mods for a year or more at least major ones because of being in school. I was thinking of doing the cut out because I have heard the Magnaflow Catback is on the quiet side and every now and then I will want it to be loud and to get a little bit of a performance gain out of it like at the track. Is the cutout worth doing or not, and where can I get the cheapest manual one? Thanks guys!

Also I saw the other thread about electric versus manual and thought my situation was different enough for another thread.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cut outs are fun, but I would not waste my time with a manual one. Reason being is having to craw under the car to remove the plate. It's a pain in the *** and either you will never use it or you will open it up and never close it.

I love my QTP

Re'
Old 12-18-2007, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

yeah I heard a magnaflow on a ws6 the other day and it was REALLY QUIET!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

how has the best deal on a manual one? who has the best deal on an electric one? dont they burn up though i dont want to pay for something that is gonna break!
Old 12-19-2007, 06:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrob56
how has the best deal on a manual one? who has the best deal on an electric one? dont they burn up though i dont want to pay for something that is gonna break!
I love my cutout.
check with any of the sponsors to the right.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:03 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Magnaflow has the option to be quiet or really loud depending on the type of CATS used or having a ORY pipe.

I have a corsa, thus no need for it but on my old LT1 I had a Flowmaster with a QTP elec cut out, I loved it. My Bud runs a Borla with one, another ideal situation
Old 12-19-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

if i get a magnaflow how much gain will i see with the cutout open and i cant decide between these two.

this one: http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...b9b30c76c823dd

or this one thats stainless: http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...b9b30c76c823dd

with the second one i could add the QTP electric valve later if i wanted and it is stainless like the magnaflow catback. so do you think there is any extra power to be gained with a cutout over the magnaflow catback and which one would you guys pick up? Thanks
Old 12-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Staging Lane

I had 1.3 rwhp gain with an open cutout. long tube headers ,ory,e-cutout and SLP dual-dual muffler and CME.