Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 07:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Muffler

I have a flowmaster muffler on my 2000 trans am and I was wondering how much they help power wise because I was told that they don't add near as much power as some other mufflers on LS1's. If it doesn't how are the moroso spiral flows power wise?
Old 12-19-2007, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by magnus66
I have a flowmaster muffler on my 2000 trans am and I was wondering how much they help power wise because I was told that they don't add near as much power as some other mufflers on LS1's. If it doesn't how are the moroso spiral flows power wise?
Are you still running stock manifolds? just the cat back alone doesnt add a whole lot im guessing 10-15 on stock manifolds. I used to have flowmaster on my 00z28 but when i got my 98 had corsa put on and wow the difference. Ill never go back to flowmaster again or Magnaflow b/c it was too quiet for me.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:49 AM
TECH Resident

catbacks differ for flow, borla prolly has the best flow characteristics of them all, but you are paying for it as well...if you like loud and don't want to replace your current muffler/catback, then just get a cut out and place it either after the y or right before the muffler...you will get a loud great sound and your flow will be nice(ie more power) even off of stock manifolds
Old 12-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Teching In

Yeah I still have the stock manifold. The motor is comletely stock accept for a lid and a k&n filter.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Anybody else know how much power if any flowmasters give you compared to other mufflers like moroso spiral flow's?