Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS/low mount oil scavange pumps.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default STS/low mount oil scavange pumps.

just wondeirng if any of the STS or Low mount turbo guys are running belt driven scavange pumps?? i know drysump pumps do the same thing but is anyone using one??

just thinking would it be more reliable than the electrice ones??

thanks Chris.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know but mine lasted for 3 years and alot of abuse.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good electric pump will last a very long time...I see no reason to switch to a mechanical pump.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default electric pumps?

Originally Posted by 70Stang
A good electric pump will last a very long time...I see no reason to switch to a mechanical pump.
****, LOL!!!I thought everybody knew that electric pumps DO HAVE 100% failure rating ITS A FACT LOL That why me and my partner our almost done with our belt driven system that been on his 01 ss for about 3 years now useing a special 2 stage pump thats practically indestretable dry or wet, were just fine tuning the can system so as to be a catch can too and the pumps are actually FAA certified, so in our eyes ,If there good enough for the sky, they should be good enough for your ride LOL!! thats one of our sales piches and ****,**** the sales pitch !thelle sale themselves.That way most peaple with these electric setups aint doing nation wide cruises LOL I was scared to drive mine to north carolina2 years ago and im from Pittsburge PA with electric. NOW, !!Ide drive across the usa and not even think about it LOL!!the worst that could happen is break a belt,so keep a spare under the seat LOL!!No big deal Its alot better then towing your ride 8 HRS or better yet staying in a hotel while joe smoe puts your new (OVERNIGHTED ) electric pump in your ride NO THANKS thats why were gonna market ours and it will work with any twin turbo system includind APS and STS AND its BAD *** LOOKING TOO LOL!!!0 ttp://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff160

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...arparts006.jpg
Old 12-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by barnat
****, LOL!!!I thought everybody knew that electric pumps DO HAVE 100% failure rating ITS A FACT LOL That why me and my partner our almost done with our belt driven system that been on his 01 ss for about 3 years now useing a special 2 stage pump thats practically indestretable dry or wet, were just fine tuning the can system so as to be a catch can too and the pumps are actually FAA certified, so in our eyes ,If there good enough for the sky, they should be good enough for your ride LOL!! thats one of our sales piches and ****,**** the sales pitch !thelle sale themselves.That way most peaple with these electric setups aint doing nation wide cruises LOL I was scared to drive mine to north carolina2 years ago and im from Pittsburge PA with electric. NOW, !!Ide drive across the usa and not even think about it LOL!!the worst that could happen is break a belt,so keep a spare under the seat LOL!!No big deal Its alot better then towing your ride 8 HRS or better yet staying in a hotel while joe smoe puts your new (OVERNIGHTED ) electric pump in your ride NO THANKS thats why were gonna market ours and it will work with any twin turbo system includind APS and STS AND its BAD *** LOOKING TOO LOL!!!0 ttp://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff160

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...arparts006.jpg
Excellent! How much? Availability?

Old 12-20-2007, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

barnat, thanks for the spam, but I will keep my electric pump.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default pump kit

Well,just found out threw Onfire thar LPE has almost the same set up on one of ther rides that they did for someone,Not sure on avalability untill we do a patiant search threw linginfeilter!I know they dont offer their stuff!Its all or nothing with them ,unless his son ,who took over is changing polices.The only way they would sell you somthing in the past,was as an installed package!So as soon as we find out.You guys will be the first to know LOL Its a nice set up too **** ,My partner was a STS dealer installer some years back and talked me out of buying one,just for the fact about the oiling return systerm they were useing.He knew i travelled in the summers in my 35th SS le and the only thing he had to tell me was, call a towing company and get a quot to have your ride FLAT BEDDED back from florida to pittsburge ,and just smiled at me and said ,because of a electric pump, LOL and too the other guy who said he loves his!Ive got 2 of em here ill give you for free if and when yours ever gos LOL!!And im dead serious too!ITS almost like having a eletric water pump ,YEA,They work great!But do you really trust it enough to take a road trip 8 to24 HRs away from home with your girl and little one? and feel confident enough not to take a little tool box and an extra oil return pump?
Old 12-20-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barnat
Well,just found out threw Onfire thar LPE has almost the same set up on one of ther rides that they did for someone,Not sure on avalability untill we do a patiant search threw linginfeilter!I know they dont offer their stuff!Its all or nothing with them ,unless his son ,who took over is changing polices.The only way they would sell you somthing in the past,was as an installed package!So as soon as we find out.You guys will be the first to know LOL Its a nice set up too **** ,My partner was a STS dealer installer some years back and talked me out of buying one,just for the fact about the oiling return systerm they were useing.He knew i travelled in the summers in my 35th SS le and the only thing he had to tell me was, call a towing company and get a quot to have your ride FLAT BEDDED back from florida to pittsburge ,and just smiled at me and said ,because of a electric pump, LOL and too the other guy who said he loves his!Ive got 2 of em here ill give you for free if and when yours ever gos LOL!!And im dead serious too!ITS almost like having a eletric water pump ,YEA,They work great!But do you really trust it enough to take a road trip 8 to24 HRs away from home with your girl and little one? and feel confident enough not to take a little tool box and an extra oil return pump?
i would drive mine with family across the states.. anything can break on you even you super duper belt driven pump.. the whole damn car is man made and can break at any given moment, you never know and the pump STS uses is reliable.. the next time you travel you should get an 18 wheeler to follow you with all the spare parts you might need if something breaks . oh and get another 18 wheeler to follow that one in case it breaks
Old 12-20-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

What ever dude I had the STS pump on my truck for 2 1/2 years and it NEVER failed. Drove it EVERY day in conditions from below 0* to 110* and put 40k plus miles on it. Is that just luck, I don't think so... I'm sure for what that belt drive setup cost, I could have a couple "spare" electric pumps under my back seat "just in case"
Old 12-21-2007, 02:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so there is little point in running one then??

barnat what are the advantages to the mechanical pump?? is it easier to set up the oiling?? my idea was that the pump is going to be sucking more oil the highe rthe rpm, and the pump will be dilivering more oil at higher rpm.

thanks Chirs.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:20 AM
Banned

If you spent as much time in English class as you did working on cars, we might be able to understand you

The biggest problem with any automotive pump is not when it fails, but how it notifies you when it does fail. Water pump is obvious, your temp rises. However if an oil pump, I/C water pump, etc fails, how do you know? Integrity monitoring is proximate to lifespan IMHO.

I choose electric pumps. Integrity monitoring is easy, and they do not add to parasitic engine losses.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

Default good point

Originally Posted by FieroZ34
If you spent as much time in English class as you did working on cars, we might be able to understand you

The biggest problem with any automotive pump is not when it fails, but how it notifies you when it does fail. Water pump is obvious, your temp rises. However if an oil pump, I/C water pump, etc fails, how do you know? Integrity monitoring is proximate to lifespan IMHO.

I choose electric pumps. Integrity monitoring is easy, and they do not add to parasitic engine losses.

Good point! How will you know when the pump fails? What if the belt breaks? How much HP will you loose? When my pump fail on me I was driving home from work. I didnt need a flat bed to get me home I simply un plug the feed line and cap it and un bolted my mids from my why sure it was loud as **** But I still got home. Dam guy do more R&D befor you start slammin ****
Old 12-21-2007, 07:49 AM
TECH Addict

What if your haulin *** and the belt flys off? At least I have a buzzer and a light.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smoke20
i would drive mine with family across the states.. anything can break on you even you super duper belt driven pump.. the whole damn car is man made and can break at any given moment, you never know and the pump STS uses is reliable.. the next time you travel you should get an 18 wheeler to follow you with all the spare parts you might need if something breaks . oh and get another 18 wheeler to follow that one in case it breaks
LOL!!! yea ,Your correct ,But you know what?I dont mind getting a flat,or even a fuel pump go bad,****, even the whole dam exhaust falling off,LOL!! Ill even go as far as the tranny going LOL!!These can all be fixed at a local shop dude, even a local dealership;But blow a electric return pump and blow your turbo seals out,WHO the hell is going to drop your K member and repair your turbos LOL!!That what this Pump or setup is about!!This pump has been on NASCAR rear ends as a reciculatory pump to cool the racing rears!Do you have any idea what type of ABUSE!!!!!this pumps can take!!!???And do take !THOUGHT NOT! Try that with your electric STS pump LOL!!And like FOREST GUMP would say,Thats all ive got to say about that!And dude, nobody and I mean nobodys breaking your arm to buy one of our pumps, But if and when you do!Ive got 2 of em here ill GIVE YOU ONE when it does happen,You pay shipping LOL!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Pump

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
What if your haulin *** and the belt flys off? At least I have a buzzer and a light.
Thats why we run a KATECK adjustable tentioner on all our systems,Never had one pop as of yet And most modified engines run this tentioner anyways. At least if it ever did pop off,Just put another back on,!!!What the hell are you gonna do when the buzzer buzes Guy ?????LOL!!Thats what i thought!Your gonna sit there,and say to your self NOW WHAT!!Thats why weve devoloped this pump system. ITS more reliable,And fixable nomatter where you are!****,Keep a spare $20 belt under your seat if your gonna take a road trip,Do your own research on the dependability from nascar,Theve been useing this pump since 1994 guy, on all there rear end coolent systems And to answer your question, this runs off of the factory belt configuration,!Its just a longer belt.So your gonna know if your serp. belt comes off. LOL!!!Dont worry your dash cluster lights will let you know if you blow a belt !
Old 12-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Banned

You have not answered my question yet, what does this pump offer as far as integrity monitoring?
Old 12-23-2007, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default pump

Originally Posted by chuntington101
so there is little point in running one then??

barnat what are the advantages to the mechanical pump?? is it easier to set up the oiling?? my idea was that the pump is going to be sucking more oil the highe rthe rpm, and the pump will be dilivering more oil at higher rpm.

thanks Chirs.
Advantages More reliable, its gonna keep the can at half level at all RPMS ,OK The other half of the can can be used as a catch can ,From the 3/8 vent nipple on the top of our can, up to the breather port on a LS6 valley pan or brearthers on a non LS6. You guys gotta let me get pics of the WHOLE SET UP to you before you start downing it,Were not even saleing yet ,****,Were not even sponsered yet, Ive promised a pic. a few months back and thats why i dropped one. But anyways, this thing is practical indestuctable ,Exept for engine parts and alcohol, And trust me ,It would have to be a major engine or turbo failure!Because these pumps take there share of abuse being on a NASCAR rear ends, And are still being used,SINCE 1994. Secondly, Belt driven, means as long as your engines running so is our pump!Its sucks wet and dry meaning its sucking OIL and AIR which would reap havic on a electric pump.Thats why theres no vents on INCON turbo cans or a STS cans Our system uses a vent on the top of ours(CAN) which can be filtered with a small filter or ran up to breathers or intake as a catch system,And buy doing this we dont create a neg suction on the turbo oiling system Since are vac is derictly related to engine RPM which in reality ,is what you want,Because oil pressure to the turbos isnt a steady PSI at all RPMs like the eletric pumps vacume is! Our Pump is proportioned to engine RPM MEANING The more oil that flows into our can, the harder our pump spines to remove it,NO MATTER WHAT, keeping the can at its safe level to be used as a catch system and empty enough at shut down for gravity drainage space for turbo oil .TRY that with an electric pump!!! I TRIPPLE DOG DARE YOU LOL!!Air is an electric pumps worst night mare ****,Same thing with fuel pumps. Third Ive got a lot LOT of $$$ tied up in my forged engine and turbo kit and for install,For the money this might cost, like the one guy said, for 3 good electics pumps,but your forgeting dropping the K member 3 times if you do damage a turbo seal guy!At least when i trow a belt,If I ever do !Its shutting down my engine with the turbos THANKS GUYS
Old 12-23-2007, 01:16 AM
Banned

I seriously want to encourage you to go back to second grade when we learned about the little things in the English language like proper grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation. It'd make comprehending your posts much easier, which would enable me to have the slightest clue as to why your pump is so good. As it is, I got nothing. It is far too painful, difficult, and frustrating to read and comprehend what you are attempting to express.

So I ask again, how do you monitor the pump's integrity?
Old 12-23-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Pump

PS sorry about spelling too ,Newbe to pc here,Never even turned one on untill 1 year ago SO kiss my *** MR spelling X high school professor LOL!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 01:26 AM
Banned

So I ask again, how do you monitor the pump's integrity?

Quick Reply: STS/low mount oil scavange pumps.