Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

using a water temp gauge for trans temp?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default using a water temp gauge for trans temp?

is there any reason i couldn't use a water temp gauge for a trans temp gauge? im guessing the only difference is in the lettering. i want a 2 5/8 trans temp gauge, but can't seem to find anything bu 2 1/16. the gauges are both autometer carbon fiber series, so im assuming the senders for both trans and water temp will have the same voltage range. both have a 100-250* temp range also.

and would it be possible to have both senders for trans and water hooked up to a switch and switch between viewing either one? and how would i do this if its possible?
Old 12-21-2007, 07:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would think if both senders take around the save amount of voltage and are identical in style it would be fine...im searching google trying to find the specs on both the autometer gauges, trying to find the operating ranges...i'll get back to ya lol

---Edit---
look like all you need is to get an adapter for the 1/2npt trans temp sender...i just thought of the wiring while i was smoking...dunno if it will work but here it goes...you can set up a toggle switch for the sender wires coming back so when one side is engaged the other side is grounded out...if that doesn't work hopefully it points ya in the right direction

Last edited by bryan04h; 12-21-2007 at 07:56 AM.