Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP's over JetHots - Is it worth it ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QTP's over JetHots - Is it worth it ???

Well I want to get headers as soon as I get the rest of the $$ I need. I was wondering if the QTP headers are worth the extra wait and money. What approximitly are the hp/tq gains with the QTP if any? Oh yeah I'm currently running a 100 shot of Nitrous on my car, the car dynoed at 320.9hp with just a lid before the nitrous. So I'm guessing I currently have around 420hp. Thanks in advanced for your time and help.

-William

EDIT- Oh yeah also would it really be benifitial for me to delete my AIR pump. (I think its that thing that sends the 2 hard lines into the top of my exhaust manifolds)? If so what exatly would I need to do that? Thanks agian and sorry for all of the questions.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Default Re: QTP's over JetHots - Is it worth it ???

Well qtp from what i have heard is the best way to go because they are stainless steel and have no fitment or banging y-pipe issues. Barry is a great guy to talk to for advice, so if you have any questions give him a call, i'm about to get qtps asap. you are looking at prob 25 horsepower at least.too bad you already have the slp y-pipe because it will be useless after the headers.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:44 AM
Launching!

Default Re: QTP's over JetHots - Is it worth it ???

I waited almost 4 months before I gave up on the QTP's. I think they are a higher quaility header but not worth the wait. I would go with Kooks if you have the money and you want a high quality header.