Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

small filter part #

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default small filter part #

I need something to cap off the procharger inlet hat where the stock bypass valve rubber hose went to. I came across this filter (K&N RU-1030) and want to confirm that it will fit. If this is the wrong one, what is the part number of the correct filter.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that one would fit, but its gonna be low to the ground. i put one in couple of years ago, it sucked in water, now i have it capped off. you can get a rubber cap at homedepot.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:24 PM
FormerVendor

KP has one on look him up.

Brent
Old 12-21-2007, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown Ta
you can get a rubber cap at homedepot.
this what your talking about? I actually went to my local Lowe's last week looking for a cap. But our store has ALOT of young kids or otherwise dumbass people that dont know what you're talking about. Guess ill print out the link and take it with me next time.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...C40&lpage=none

Originally Posted by Brent@EPP
KP has one on look him up.

Brent
lol, he was the first one i asked this question to. He got his a long time ago and wasn't sure on part number.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote=One Bad Z;8349274]this what your talking about? I actually went to my local Lowe's last week looking for a cap. But our store has ALOT of young kids or otherwise dumbass people that dont know what you're talking about. Guess ill print out the link and take it with me next time.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...C40&lpage=none

That's the same one I use. I got mine from Lowes. My filter came off one time without me knowing (my car is lowered). So there I was running without a filter. I just keep it capped now.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:42 AM
11 Second Club

Got the cap from lowe's put on today (about 1/4" too big but didnt see anything smaller). Put on a bigger k&n filter, race bypass valve, & an aluminum plenum i got from chevychad. Ended up removing the cruise control to free up some room for the inlet tubing. Hopefully will see some decent weather early this week to take it for a test drive. Then it's more downtime for the new converter & transbrake.

thanks fellas.
Scott
Old 12-24-2007, 10:20 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW the filters I use are from a circle track store, one of them has S9309x written in marker on it, its a 1 3/8 diameter opening x 3" total height overall. They also make a 1 1/2 version which is probably the better one to get, the 1 3/8 is a pretty tight fit and but it goes on. They are used in just about every SBC circle track engine, they use them on the valve cover tubes for breathers.

The K&N part that people were using was way too long, these are about an inch above the air dam, and while I have scraped them coming down fron a wheelstand I never knocked one off.