Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Need Opinions on Value of this 93 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need Opinions on Value of this 93 Z28

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=20

I'm in the market for an LT1 Fbody and came across this about a month ago. I went and looked at it in person, since it's only about 30 miles from my house. I know it's pretty easy to talk dealers down and I plan to talk them down big time on this one, or atleast try. It looks decent in the pics on AutoTrader, but, in person, it's not in very good shape. There's a pretty big chunk taken out of the spoiler, the panel inserts in the door that hold the power window and power locks switches on broken on both doors so they won't snap in, power locks don't work (didn't try the windows), and there's quite a few door dings. The good things about the car are 6-speed, 99k miles, CAI, and Flowmaster cat-back. Could be other mods that I don't know about though. I'd be paying cash for the car without trade-in or anything, so I'm thinking they'll probably come off the $4990 they've got it listed for. But, what do you guys think I should offer them OTD? With the condition its in, I'm hoping that I can get it for less than $4k including tax, title, and license. Do guys think that'd be possible? Because I would want to have some extra cash left over to repair most of the things wrong with it.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3k is top for that car.....take it to a gm store and have them run a history report on the vin....that should give ya enough ammo to get them down to at least 3500.....
Old 12-21-2007, 10:00 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I'd do $3500 on a car of that year in that shape. Check on the boards, good deals pop up all the time, and I'd rather buy a car from someone on here or ubb.mfba.org than from a dealer.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, I have a car picked out from CamaroZ28.com that I really want and I plan to buy when I get my money on the 7th. But, this car is my backup plan. Yeah, I was thinking about going in with $3k or $3.5k and saying that's what I'd offer them OTD. If they declined the offer, I'd just walk out. The one thing that I do like, is that it's lower miles than most LT1 M6's that I've been finding. Does anyone know where I'd be able to get those door inserts that are broken and how much they'd cost? I'm thinking I could get them pretty darn cheap or even just go to a junk yard and take them out of a wrecked Camaro. The chunk out of the spoiler is about the only thing that really bothers me. Because I know it wouldn't be cheap to replace the spoiler. I could just get an SS spoiler for it when I replace it anyways. I'd probably eventually do that anyways.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You could get those holders for the door switches for almost nothing. people are parting out their cars on here all the time. Just find somebody who is and offer 'em a lil $$ for the two. Any years will do.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SchultzLT1
You could get those holders for the door switches for almost nothing. people are parting out their cars on here all the time. Just find somebody who is and offer 'em a lil $$ for the two. Any years will do.
Yeah, I knew I could probably get 'em for next to nothing. I was mad when I went to go look at the car though. Because my dad was there and has to find everything wrong with the car and nothing good. And like I said, the only problem that I have with it, is the spoiler. The other stuff I can fix pretty easily and cheap. He saw all those bad things and said lets just leave. I didn't get to start it up or anything. For some reason, he thinks I'm going to get an immaculate car for $4k or less.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

yea that pretty high for a purple LT1 with 100k miles. if you search hard enough, you can find one just like it for around $3,000
Old 12-22-2007, 02:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rare99Z
yea that pretty high for a purple LT1 with 100k miles. if you search hard enough, you can find one just like it for around $3,000
I've been searching pretty hard and it's pretty hard to find a decent LT1 for a decent price without traveling across a state or two. I've only found 2 in Illinois (one of them being this one). And this one isn't really exactly what I want. It doesn't have t-tops and the color isn't really my first choice. The other one that I found is near perfect for what I'm looking for, but I'm afraid that it'll be gone by the time I get my money back out of my CD on the 7th. I really want a T/A instead of a Z28, but they're even harder to find.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tspence45
I've been searching pretty hard and it's pretty hard to find a decent LT1 for a decent price without traveling across a state or two. I've only found 2 in Illinois (one of them being this one). And this one isn't really exactly what I want. It doesn't have t-tops and the color isn't really my first choice. The other one that I found is near perfect for what I'm looking for, but I'm afraid that it'll be gone by the time I get my money back out of my CD on the 7th. I really want a T/A instead of a Z28, but they're even harder to find.
I don't think you could get a 93 with T-tops. I may be wrong but thats what my buddy who had a 93 Z28 told me. i know what you mean about wanting a T/A. I wanted a LS1 Trans Am in the blue i got but they were too hard to find, so i settled for this camaro
Old 12-22-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rare99Z
I don't think you could get a 93 with T-tops. I may be wrong but thats what my buddy who had a 93 Z28 told me. i know what you mean about wanting a T/A. I wanted a LS1 Trans Am in the blue i got but they were too hard to find, so i settled for this camaro
Yeah, some guy PM'd me last night with a killer deal on a 94 T/A that's hotcammed last night with bolt-ons. It's got T-tops and a 6-speed with WS6 hood and WS6 wheels. I can get it for around $3500 (maybe a tiny bit less), and it only needs a little TLC(touched up paint on the front bumper and needs a side-skirt on the passenger side). Only problem, is that it's in Tennessee. Oh, the luck.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Tennesee isn't that far. Your Dad is not a bad guy, he just has alot more experience at buying cars than you. Plus he doesn't have the jones for a car like you do. Listen to him and take his advice. He's not a downer, just a realist. Keep searching, these cars are all over the place. You'll find one. Good luck.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Addict

Well, Tennessee is 660 miles away, so that's too far for me. It'd be an 11 hour drive. And a plane or train ticket probably wouldn't be too cheap either. The only reason that my dad doesn't like any of the cars that I look at is because he thinks I don't need them. He doesn't realize that no matter what he says, I'm going to end up with an LT1 F-body since I'm paying for it and he's not. He just thinks I'll get myself into more trouble. But, I've learned my lessons from past experiences.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

I did the same thing with a 69 SS chevelle in 1979. My Dad said no to big blocks for me because like you said he thought I would get in trouble. I ended up with a small block and had fun anyway. You're only young once, but you need a chance to grow old too.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Resident

tspence45, I'm in the same situation as you. I'm looking for an f-body m6 too. So hard to find, I really want black too, w/ ttops. I'd rather have an ls1, but it would have to be one of the best finds of the decade to be in my price range.

I was all about the camaros, until I started seeing the t/a's and I just like the interior better. Plus the swooping lines are sexy too.

Oh and my mom is bitching at me about just keeping my current car, because I don't have problems w/ it at all, other than debt. *she doesn't know*
Old 12-30-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

lol. My parents tried to get me to keep my Z24, but, I had to let it go to get another Fbody. I can only drive a "girl's" car and save gas for so long. And from a lot of gas mileage #'s I've seen, I wasn't saving much as opposed to having a 6speed LT1. I also had to get rid of it because I know that the cops would be looking for it after all I've done. Might as well go with something new and stay hidden for a while. lol