Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Hats Off to Discount Tire in Auburn

Old 12-21-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hats Off to Discount Tire in Auburn

I was leaving work today to meet my wife for lunch--her birthday today. As I was pulling out someone pulled up beside me and said my right rear was flat. I jumped out and it was almost out of air. I crawled to the gas station right around the corner and aired it up only to discover a big hole. I looked up and there was Discount Tire right next to the Shell station at the Supermall. I headed over there and left the car with them while I went to lunch. Came back afterwards and the tire was repaired (patched from the inside) FREE of charge. Pretty cool considering I didn't buy the tires from Discount and they didn't know me.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Staging Lane

They do that with the hope that you come get tires from them when you need them......
Old 12-21-2007, 01:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's cool. I know Les Schwab did something similar when I took a sideways trip through the gravel at the race track. It's nice to see businesses that take service seriously.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:41 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyplace does this around here.

Big O, Schwab, Discount, Brunell
Old 12-21-2007, 07:25 AM
TECH Regular

^ Not every place where I live. Americas/Discount are usually the only ones. I'll never go to Swabb's so I don't really know these days.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

It's standard practice in the Tire Industry. Most Tire shops will repair a tire for free, except Goodyear ( I am the service Manager of one in Portland. OR ) We charge for it if it's a non Goodyear tire. We do repair any Goodyear brand : Goodyear, Dunlop, Conti's etc for free, no matter where it was purchased. I am glad to hear that other shops take care of customer's tho. There's too many bad stories of horrible service out there. Grats to you, and Kudo's to Discount Tire. Beware of Discount in the Mill Creek area, they trashed my fenders on my SS... bastiges.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

In the past, I've had to pay (twice) if I didn't buy the tires from that chain. This was a first for me--not that I've had many flats.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

That's one of the neat things about a small town. We were eating lunch ain Basin,Wy. about 8 miles south of where we live. The waitress came up and said I had a tire going flat. When we left one guy told me about a shop behind another building with a portable bottle. Before I could get out of the lot 4 other people told my tire was going down. No cost for air, people watching out for others as well as no traffic. I love a small town.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hats Off to Discount Tire in Auburn