Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Seeking advice on forced induction build.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking advice on forced induction build.....

I am currently in the process of building my first hot air small block chevy and have a ton of questions. Keeping in mind that the vehicle will be used for Sunday drives only with no strip time, and the bottom end will be mild at best, what size root type blower should I use. Is a 6-71 good or to big and how much boost should I look to push in the motor, 8 or 10 lbs? What does the numeral designation for blower stand for?

How many points should I go down on the compression? Is it better to run a single large carb or two smaller ones? Thanks in advance for input!
Old 12-22-2007, 05:43 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with a smaller blower if you are intent on using a roots style blower, and the engine is going to remain fairly stock. Take a look at the smaller Weiand 144 blower, which sounds like what you may be looking for.
For a roots style blower, I'd shoot for a 9.0/1 compression ratio.
If you want to see what an ATI ProCharger centrifical supercharger would cost you, give me a call at 260 244-4808 for a price. Bob
Old 12-22-2007, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Website where I can find info on a Weiand 144 blower? Do you know anyone that will pass along a build sheet for a mildly aggressive SBC with forced air?
Old 12-23-2007, 05:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

not sure if you are talking about a gen 1 s/b or what kind of body, but if you want a 671 it will work fine on a s/b, but you need to have it tuned right-i ran prob 10-15 roots blowers some time back, before i switched over to cent blowers
the (6) was for a 6 cyl diesel. and the (71) was the cu in in each cyl, but that # kind of went away and the larger ones were just given the same type # desigination
do a lot of reading up, looking at diff pictures of blower cars before you decide what you really want to do, then once your set on what you really want to end up with, go in that direction
Old 12-23-2007, 06:53 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...x.html?item=91
This manual should help you out. Bob