Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommend tires!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Recommend tires!!

Yes, this is the CONVERSION section, but I'd like you vets to recommend some treads for my 67 Camaro RS w/15in wheels. Looks like they will be 225's in back and 205's in front. If you'll recommend a favorite brand & model, I can look at the tread on tirerack.
Thanks to all.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glenn, the best recommendation I can make is to go over to the forum dedicated to wheels and tires for 1st gen Camaros... and when you ask, specify what you plan on using the tires for (cruising? highway? drag strip? autocross?), and what size rims you are using.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

(mods, not sure if posting that url is a problem here? I send a lot more people from there to here than the other way around).

I'm running BF Goodrich Radial T/A's on my 68 right now. 255/60R15 in the back, 225/60R15 in the front, on 15x7 Torq Thrust D's. They're a decent cruising tire, not really a performance tire.

On my daily driver rustang GT, I run BF Goodrich GForce T/A KDWS. The KDWS are the best all-season performance street tire I've ever bought. Everyone I know loves them--from Miata guys all the way to my buddy with a 470rwhp Vortech blown '03 Stang. You can't get them for 17" rims though.

I may give the BFG KDW2's a try when I finally buy new wheels for my '68.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks very much. That looks like a good place to search.
Nice Camaro!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gMAG
Yes, this is the CONVERSION section, but I'd like you vets to recommend some treads for my 67 Camaro RS w/15in wheels. Looks like they will be 225's in back and 205's in front. If you'll recommend a favorite brand & model, I can look at the tread on tirerack.
Thanks to all.
gMag. I've got a lot of experience on this...LOL's. Went through a lot of performance tires over the years. I wont tell you which one is best...because there are too many differences. But I can tell you......stay away from any of the manufacturer's the have a line made in Germany....if you want them to last. I had a set of Dunlop's (they make different grades) that were Z rated and made in Germany......they lasted 4 months. Seriously! Fronts too. Gone.
JMO.

David
Old 12-23-2007, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gMAG
Thanks to all.

If you dont mind putting tires on that are made in the Asia's.....the Yokohamas have proven to me to get excellent traction and last. But myself...I'll be sticking with something US made (if thats possible anymore..) from now on. But then again....yours sincerly, won't even buy anything from Wal#art anymore because of all of the outsourcing and the poor wages they give thier employees. But thats another story.......JMO.

David
Old 12-23-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

225's??!! I've got BFG 295 Drags in the back of my '67... and i wish the stock wheelwells would fit more... these spin bad.

Quick Reply: Recommend tires!!