View Full Version : "LSX" Lightweight Motor Mount Bushing Stands

MosesMcgregor
12-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Anyone had experience with these? Drop about 5lbs and are a direct replacment...

http://www.spohn1.com/prodimages/1084/103.jpg

RAGENZ28
12-22-2007, 10:28 PM
I would only use those if you plan to run poly bushings, if you're going to a solid motor mount I would just run the one piece solid mounts.

MosesMcgregor
12-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Runnin' poly bushings already but dont want to go all out with the solid mounts.

RAGENZ28
12-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Runnin' poly bushings already but dont want to go all out with the solid mounts.

Personally I think it is expensive for 5 pounds.

What's the reason you don't want to run a solid front mount?

MosesMcgregor
12-22-2007, 11:32 PM
lope on the cam shakes the car enough with the poly's. If it wasnt a DD i'd do it. i was mostly curious since i couldnt find anything after a search, wondered if there was a reason for it (problem) but it could be because of the cost vs. benefit.

RAGENZ28
12-23-2007, 09:23 PM
lope on the cam shakes the car enough with the poly's. If it wasnt a DD i'd do it. i was mostly curious since i couldnt find anything after a search, wondered if there was a reason for it (problem) but it could be because of the cost vs. benefit.

I'd just run the solids, the motor will move less and as far as the chassis it will react better with solid mounts, make sure to use a poly trans mount if you go this route.

I drove with solid motor mounts for rears and had no issues.

Mr.MartyStone
12-24-2007, 08:59 AM
I switched from poly to solids years ago and am purely bummed that I can't run solids with my Profab k-member that I'm swapping to. I really enjoyed the spohn solids while they were on my car, makes you feel much more connected.

And I ran a high 230's duration cam w/ TD's so I know all about cam shake. Trust me on the solids, just bite the bullet. Plus you'll drop about 10 lbs.

Marty

MIGHTYMOUSE
12-24-2007, 01:36 PM
put some christmas money on top of your budget and do an entire k member w/ mounts and you're better off all around in the long run

RDTA
12-24-2007, 02:34 PM
put some christmas money on top of your budget and do an entire k member w/ mounts and you're better off all around in the long run

x2 be well worth the extra money.