Fatal 1960 Crash Friday Night

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 10:53 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Default Fatal 1960 Crash Friday Night

Kid on a motorcycle clipped another car on FM 1960 Friday night around 8:30pm. Killed the guy on the bike, everyone else was OK. Anybody know who this kid was? They said he was from New Caney.

My prayers go out to him and especially his family, such a shitty Christmas.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

His name was Daniel from what i can tell. didn't know the guy. I ride as well and am a member of a site called motohouston.

here is the link to where they are talking about it.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=43168
Old 12-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Launching!

i also ride, almost got hit yestersay too! some people just dont give a damn!
Old 12-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Sorry to hear about the loss.

I've always wanted to learn to ride and after a few years under my belt get a ducati. :love: I know one can get serious injury in a car or even die, however seems the injury/death potential is just so much greater with a motorcycle than just about any other means of transportation. Is there possibly a more dangerous mode of transit? :/

Again sorry for the tragic loss.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Teching In

ya i believe the reason so many motorcycle deaths happen is because of the people in the cars not watching very well, but there are also many that happen because of the rider, just like car wrecks.

everytime anyone gets out on the streets in any transportation there is a risk.

but my note to fellow riders is don't go out this time of year, there are many crazies out in the latter part of december and new years. my bike is in the garage for the year, shell come out in 08 because right now its too crazy on the roads!
Old 12-23-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

prayers out for the family and friends for him!!

im always more alert when bikes are around. i stay further away. the thing that makes me mad is when they go flying past you because one wrong move and they are gone.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:05 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

R I P
Old 12-23-2007, 07:08 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

The reason I ask is because my dad was the passenger in the Jeep involved in the accident. It's really shaken him up, he said when he saw that kid on the ground it looked like one of us lying there. He just wanted to know who he was and maybe send some condolences to the family.

As for the "reports" about what happened, they aren't entirely true. There has been no conclusion as to who hit who. The investigators haven't finished the investigation.

What actually happened was that the Jeep came out of La Cabana there on 1960 and pulled out into the center turning lane to wait for cars to pass and then merge into traffic. They were just beginning to move, going maybe 3-5 MPH, and hadn't pulled into the main lanes of traffic yet when the rider made contact with the Jeep. My Dad said they thought someone accidently bumped them from behind. When they got out Daniel lied there, not moving. There were no skid marks. Just a broken tailight on the Jeep.

It's such a horrible loss to suffer, especially given the time of year. I'm not a religous person whatsoever, but I will and have been praying for the family and friends involved, hoping they can cope. I cannot imagine the pain and angiush, but I hope everyone who hears of this will be more thankful of what they have every christmas.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Launching!

I was wondering about this also. When me and my buddy were on our way home form the 2920 & 45 meet we ran across this. We saw the bike laid over in the road and the guy under a sheet. I cringe every time I see something like this because me and my buddy both ride and most of my family rides as well. I hate seeing motorcycle accidents. My prayers go out to everyone involved.