Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which is the best way???

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is the best way???

well im tired of my shitty Y pipe leaking and want some true duals, but dont know which to go with. my first choice would be have DTP the shop i take my car to install and make them, or i could order a setup from one of the sponsors and install it myself. but then i dont want any banging and no leaks, so which would be the best bet and how much does it usually cost for a shop to do this??? also some pics would be awesome of over the axle setups. thanks
Old 12-24-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

depends really, you could get a good set of true duals(lanes,slp ect ect) for a few hundred but you can't complain about a custom set up to your specs from a shop...that way you can decide where it gets dumped
Old 12-24-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had my local shop fab up mine for $350 with full mandrel bends (dumping under the car). I've heard good things about the various "off the shelf" Dual kits, but I wanted something that I KNEW would fit my car perfectly.

If you've got a competent local shop (that's affordable), I'd go that direction.