Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Audio system power drain

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio system power drain

I've read the threads related to parastic power drains, and found they mention possible causes. One thing I noticed, one or two mentioned corrective actions to limited or stop the drain. I had my system installed a couple of months back and since then the battery had been going dead within a couple of days. I determined that one part of the problem was a bad battery. With the battery replaced and test light in series with the negative side of the circuit, the light glowed as brightly as just placing the light arcross the battery terminals. With the key in the off position, the stereo circuit is hot through the capcitor, at the amps, and cd changer with the radio off. All lights are off on the capcitor and amps. If the remote circuit is part of the problem what's a corrective action? Would a loose/bad ground be contributing to this problem? What are some other corrective solutions to stop the drain? Thanks for taking the time to read and give input. Dave
Old 12-25-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are the amps staying on because of the remote turn on? Or i've seen the power wire have a strand or two touch a remote wire that caused the same problem{essentially the system stayed on all the time b/c the power for the power wire touched the remote wire turning on the amps}