Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

head unit mounting questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head unit mounting questions

so i was looking at buying a kenwood in-dash dvd HU but on crutchfield it said that the head unit will stick out of the dash by 1/2" what do i have to do to keep this from happening

what modifications will i have to do?

thenks,
blake
Old 12-25-2007, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

You could buy an humount . com mounting plate. I have a Kenwood 617DVD and with that mounting plate it doesn't stick out at all. They had to trim a little piece of plastic off inside the dash behind the deck so the head unit would slide back in all the way, but it looks great now.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

I can actually get you pics of the mod you'll have to do. My dash is torn apart right now due to a wiring issue that I think I've now resolved. I'm almost done installing a Pioneer HU with the custom mount from HUmount.com so I'll take pics.

The free mounting kits from crutchfield work but thats about all you can say about them.... They're not a style choice by any means.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

There is a piece of plastic behind the radio that needs to be cut to get the radio to sit flush. Look to see what plastic piece the aftermarlet radio hits and cut that piece.