Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Cut out placement

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 07:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Cut out placement

Just got a QTP for christmas and I'm wondering where I should have it installed or if it will make any difference what-so-ever with my car.
Right now I"m running no plates in my borla and i"m happy with the sound, I'd like it louder but all in all I'm happy.
I've seen some pictures where people have just installed it at the elbow where you drop the one pipe on the borla, but I've also seen people have it installed right on the Y pipe where the two join.
Anyone have any thoughts on where I should have mine done?

Alo I'm in Charlotte so if anyone know of a shop that can weld in the pipe that would be great, but I'll be home in NJ for NYE and Muflex is a minute down from where I grew up, should I just get it done there?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you just want it a lil bit louder, put it right before the muffler on that elbow...if you want it to be louder to you, then put it on the y...but my vote is on the elbow! you could possibly get it welded at any muffler shop but im not sure