Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch issues, can you help me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch issues, can you help me?

alright i cant put my car into gear, when pushed in my clutch pedal falls to the floor, needs to pulled back out. my clutch fluid was black, i flushed it via slave, and to my knowledge bled the slave too. then used a mityvac to bleed the master. no improvement in pedal whatsoever. what else could this be? A bad master? bad clutch? the car was stored for seven months with startups and occasional drives, and even a few weeks ago it was fine. when i bled the master i used a mityvac, putting the cone shaped attachment into the hole at the bottom. while i pumped and held it at 10/15'ish my friend would slowly pump the clutch. now because i had an airtight seal in that hole in the bottom, the fluid level in the master would never go down...and how am i supposed to know if the fluid level through the system is getting low if the fluid in the resevoir wont go down the line, because of a tight seal with that fitting. when i did take the fitting out of the hole, the fluid would go down the line, obviously. even though fluid and air would come out of the line, i still didnt get any results, and dont know if im even bleeding the master right. Im about to take this thing to a shop, because ive been doing this for a couple days now, and i want to be driving my car! i live five minutes outside detroit, if anyone is real close by or knows a solid shop thats not gonna rape me; or has some different advice, id really appreciate it. thanks fellas
Old 12-27-2007, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

system still has air in the lines you might need to pull a little more vac with the mity vac. sounds like you got a bad master cylinder. I won't hurt to replace it if it has never been done. do the drill mod will you at it.