Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

need some help

Old 12-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help

i have a 1998 firebird formula. im looking at headunits and i really like this one. http://www.amazon.com/BOSS-BV7995T-S...8819845&sr=1-1
i can get it at another site for 275$ but i linked that one because it has pictures. i would just like to know if i should stay away from this unit. i cant find any reviews for it anywhere. i also have stock speakers in my car and they sound like crap. if i get new speakers, would that headunit provide sufficient power to them or would it be better for me to get an amp to power them? thanks for any help, its greatly appreciated.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

i was also looking at new speakers and when i go on crutchfield and select the area for my speakers, such as the rear panels or front door, etc., it has sets with the speaker and tweeter and sets with speakers, tweeters, and crossovers. are the crossovers necessary? can i just get the ones with speaker and tweeter? I'm also not sure if I have the monsoon system because i'm on vacation and I cant check for the amp. ive just gotten the car a few weeks ago and my speakers sound like frying bacon. thanks for any help.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Regular

Thumbs down

AVOID everything that has the boss logo...they simply are NOT!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:21 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a unit like that from Nitro which is a better brand than Boss. Nitro is a German company. While it isn't Alpine or Pioneer it is a decent unit. Features include 4.3" high resolution touch screen, blue tooth with caller ID, DVD playback, usb input/ SD card input/ aux input all on face plate for easy access, motorized face plate with different viewing angles. All for $289.00. I'll even throw in an install kit that includes the mounting kit, harness adapter, and antenna adapter.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

i dont understand why people buy off brand crap. sure it might be a couple hundred bucks cheaper now, but it certainly is not going to last like a well-known company. then you will have to buy another one!
Old 01-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually the reliability of the unit I mentioned is without question. I have used it before and it works great. This particular one even has good sound quality. The Boss stuff has some issues as far as stuff breaking (volume *****, etc.). So does Pyramid and several others in that quality level but I had tryed the Nitro one specifically because I was looking for a 1.5 DIN face with DVD playback and wanted to try out one of the less expensive ones to see if it held up. It did in this case...flawlessly. To be honest I was suprised.

Search this Thread