Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I think my monsoon amp died...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think my monsoon amp died...

I've ran a few searches here and on some other boards and found a lot of useful information, but I still have a couple questions.

I'm pretty sure my monsoon amp blew. All of the rear speakers quit working. Right now only the door panel speakers work. Does this sound right? From what I understand the fronts are powered by the headunit?

I also found a write up on how to bypass the amp, but in that write up, he explains how he bypasses it for the front door speakers, so maybe these are powered by the amp? If they are, then I doubt a blown amp is my problem.
Heres a link to the write up (i think this is also on this board, but I already had the cz28 link handy)
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462937

If I did follow the write up, I doubt my panasonic headunit would be stable at the 2 ohm load that the speakers would draw, so I would essentially have to upgrade all of my speakers?

EDIT: Read the monsoon faq over again, and see that the amp DOES power ALL of the speakers. That makes this more complicated...

Last edited by jdroelle001; 12-29-2007 at 04:02 PM.