Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Noise from the rear??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Noise from the rear??

Ok i have just recently purchased a 2001 Trans Am WS6. The car is a one owner car with 97k on the clock...Well it has a noise coming form the rear which sounds like a wheel bearing?? Sounds like a kinda grinding sound coming form the rear..we jacked the car up off the ground in the rear and put it in gear and got it up to speed and it didnt make a noise...also sounds like when u drive it and when u hit the brakes the griding noise sounds different...one other thing is when the wheels are off the ground u can granb the wheel and it has some play in and out....

wat could this be????
Old 12-31-2007, 01:39 AM

anyone have a clue...axle bearings, brakes, axles, ???????????????
Old 12-31-2007, 04:11 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say you have a bad wheel bearing. Bob
Old 12-31-2007, 08:33 AM

is the wheel bearing the same as the axle bearing?? does anyone have like a diagram of the layout of the rear end and the bearing and stuff??

thanx
Old 01-01-2008, 03:20 PM

how are the dealerships on rear ends?? i bought the car with a 6 month warranty that covers rear end parts... maybe i can take it in and let em replace the bearings axles and all of it... its only a 200 dollar deductable.....
Old 01-02-2008, 11:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JCurry
how are the dealerships on rear ends?? i bought the car with a 6 month warranty that covers rear end parts... maybe i can take it in and let em replace the bearings axles and all of it... its only a 200 dollar deductable.....
If you have the warranty I would say use it. There should be a competent mechanic at a dealership.

Jeff