Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Supercharger or Turbo What do you have/like

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger or Turbo What do you have/like

What I am looking for horsepower wise is about 500 to the rear. I know there are probably a ton of threads on these but I have been tossing both back and forth and trying to figure out which way I want to go. I want to hear anybody with feedback good or bad on any power adder. I thought I wanted to go with the procharger but I am not sure I want to hear it whistle on idle, I love the sound of a turbo but not sure I want to go with an STS rear mount, Vortech isnt really up my alley because it consumes the ENTIRE engine bay, I love the whine of a roots style but know that magnacharger is the onlyone made for our cars and have heard that its alot of chop and hack to make it fit. Powerdyne makes a kit but I have only known one guy to use it but he liked it so what setup do you like or have and why If you have soundclips or vids post em up
thanks
Old 12-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Launching!

A lot really depends on what you like. I had the STS and loved the sound but hated the quality of their product. Being a 6 speed I couldn't get her to perform at the track. Never did get the two step before I said uncle and moved to the APS. I did like the fact that I was pulling down 31.5MPG with the STS on the interstate while cruising.

The APS is great but the install is more complex than a supercharger. 2006 GTO Forged ironblock 6.0 and so far the best I've got to date is 24.5MPG. I've got a full 3in exhaust and the car sounds deeper no real turbo sound except the blowoff valve between shifts. Very smooth power delivery and exactly what I was looking for. Mellow 800/850 rwhp animal that doesn't show her true nature till I press down on the loud pedal.

Here's a quick video after we got her together and started breaking her in.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/832040-gto-aps-forged-6-0-ironblock-breakin-video.html
Old 12-30-2007, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ironmancan
A lot really depends on what you like. I had the STS and loved the sound but hated the quality of their product. Being a 6 speed I couldn't get her to perform at the track. Never did get the two step before I said uncle and moved to the APS. I did like the fact that I was pulling down 31.5MPG with the STS on the interstate while cruising.

The APS is great but the install is more complex than a supercharger. 2006 GTO Forged ironblock 6.0 and so far the best I've got to date is 24.5MPG. I've got a full 3in exhaust and the car sounds deeper no real turbo sound except the blowoff valve between shifts. Very smooth power delivery and exactly what I was looking for. Mellow 800/850 rwhp animal that doesn't show her true nature till I press down on the loud pedal.

Here's a quick video after we got her together and started breaking her in.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=832040
Your car is awesome :thumbup: I would like a roots style blower/twin screw like on the supercharged cobras for the fact that you dont really hear it until you step on it but the only kit I have found for my car is a magnacharger but people have told me that you have to cut into the wipercowl and that there is a lot of heatsoak (which I am clueless to what that is but it cant be good) with it.With a vortech or procharger the blower is always turning and you hear kinda a belt squeaking type noise but I like the instant power that they create
Old 12-31-2007, 08:18 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99transformula
I know there are probably a ton of threads on these ...
Correct. Use the search button/link, do the research, and then ask the questions.

Keith

Quick Reply: Supercharger or Turbo What do you have/like