Neighbors getting angry about my car... what can happen?

Old 12-30-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Neighbors getting angry about my car... what can happen?

Well overall my roommates and I have a pretty good relationship with our neighbors. Its a small gated community, We have a new neighbor right next door and they moved in while i was in transition from the Z28 to the TA, so they didnt know I had/was going to get a loud car, they dont seem happy about it. I've always had loud cars when I lived here, but never a h/c car, So before I could just throw in it neutral. But with this car, its cammin the whole way. I guess one of my neighbors talked to my roommate (chargerr/t) today and said that the neighborhood is angry about my car. Honestly. My car isnt driven much, and when I am in the neighborhood I try to be as quiet as possible. sometimes starving the car of gas so it barely putts down the street. I usually try to keep my car parked at night. I think my roommate could be part of the problem in his SRT8, When he drives in the neighborhood, he drives somewhat spiritied, never WOT(im sure he'll post in here and deny this, but oh well), but his car can get loud and wake people up too. I know alot of its mine, but not only my car. Anyways. what can happen to me? I imagine they can call the cops, but what tickets can I get?

this is weaksauce
Old 12-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Launching!

Maybe disturbing the piece.. I don't know. If you ever wanna go back to stock, I'm down with swapping heads/cam lol. Exhaust too if you want..
Old 12-30-2007, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Is there a Home Owners Association? If there is it could cause you some problems, but other than that i would say you should be ok. Just try to stay as respectful as possible.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Launching!

just as long as your car is street legal and you're not driving crazy and purposely being loud i don't think they would be able to do anything but warn you
Old 12-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Banned

NOTHING....they can't do ****. and until they come to you and say something about it don't even worry about it.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Silver35thZ
just as long as your car is street legal and you're not driving crazy and purposely being loud i don't think they would be able to do anything but warn you
I don't think Patrick has catalytic converters on his car. That may be a problem if one of your neighbors report you and a cop decides to pull you over one day while your driving. All you have to say is you bought the car like that, lol. That's got me out of a couple of things.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

****. I'd rather like to have a car drive by once a day instead of having a dog bark for an hour. Some old guy by the gate always gives me mean looks. I think he thinks Im accelerating through the neighborhood. I remember when I first moved in and I had the red z28, He drove to my house and asked me to not have my music playing in the neighborhood. I was polite to him and said yes sir, not a problem, but in actuallity I never had/have my music playing in the neighborhood. so im not sure whta he was hearing.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by will350wax
Is there a Home Owners Association? If there is it could cause you some problems, but other than that i would say you should be ok. Just try to stay as respectful as possible.
im always respectful to everyone, but yes there is an HOA, My roommates dad used to be the president.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Silver35thZ
I dont drive crazy at all, but my car is an H/C car with LT headers/True duals, no cats etc.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
****. I'd rather like to have a car drive by once a day instead of having a dog bark for an hour. Some old guy by the gate always gives me mean looks. I think he thinks Im accelerating through the neighborhood. I remember when I first moved in and I had the red z28, He drove to my house and asked me to not have my music playing in the neighborhood. I was polite to him and said yes sir, not a problem, but in actuallity I never had/have my music playing in the neighborhood. so im not sure whta he was hearing.
I know what you mean about that. Some dog's can be a pain in the a$$. My neighbor had some mixed dog awhile back that used to bark at the stupidest things, like a bag blowing in the wind. That dog used to never let me sleep at night .
Old 12-30-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1ne
get a locking gas cap, you never know! theyre lk 15 or so.
now THAT would be gay. I dont think anyone in our neighborhood would try to physically do anythign to us... we're 3 21-22 y/os and we'd like retaliate not really.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GunshotZ28
I don't think Patrick has catalytic converters on his car. That may be a problem if one of your neighbors report you and a cop decides to pull you over one day while your driving. All you have to say is you bought the car like that, lol. That's got me out of a couple of things.
I missed this post. Ya I dont have cats. Im somewhat surprised I havent gotten pulled over in this town in this car(schertz). This place is overly strict but they havent bothered me yet. And I tried the whole " i just got it" thing in my white z28. It didnt work. I got pulled over here iwth that car.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

how hard is it to put "fake" cats on my car with my set up? anyone hav epics of it done?
Old 12-30-2007, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

you had better check the HOA rules. Some of those guys can tell you what color you can paint the outside of your house. Read the rules. You could have some real problems.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
how hard is it to put "fake" cats on my car with my set up? anyone hav epics of it done?
Umm.. Just try and find two gutted out cats or something and weld them in place. That's what I'm going to try and do whenever I get another y-pipe.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

so what could be illegal with the AIR/EGR? or is all thats pretty much illegal iwth my car is the cats/no front license plate?

my roommate just called his dad and asked aobut the HOA rules. He said to not worry about HOA doing anything.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Dont know **** about HOA, but your neighbors can report that you are being an annoyance to the neighborhood. The cops would have to catch you in violation of something to pull you over though, they cant just come up to your house and look under your car.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your really worried about it I'd try changing exhausts. something with a Y and catback, but thats up to you and if you have funds. I kind of went through this when I lived in a apartment complex. I had LT's, ORY, and GMMG with a F14 then. cold mornings were LOUD! But like you I tried to be as quiet as possible. I had a neighbor wait for me to start my car in the morning, then call the cops, and I got pulled over 7 stright days in a row. But there was no noise ordinance where i lived so i got away with it. Check with your city and see if there is a noise ordinance (most likely so) and see what the legal decibal is for a car. Then just try to get under that decibal. Thats all I can think of doing. Best to be legal in a situation like this, b/c I'm sure if the cops get called enough youll have to get legal then b/c they will make you. Just my .02.

Jon
Old 12-30-2007, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

More than likely the cops wont know crap about the egr, they might just do something about the exhaust(no cats and dumped).
Old 12-30-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Junkie

is a dumped exhuast illegal?

this sucks donkey *****

Search this Thread