General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

RPMS shoot up!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default RPMS shoot up!

well just recently my car started acting up again. the other day i took off my throttle body and polished it up a lill and now wen i put it back on the rpms shoot up really high at idle sometimes. i replaced the throttle postion senor and it helped a lill bit. i took off the TB again and made sure the gasket was clean and put it back but it still does it wen im rolling and throw it in neautral. the rpms go to like 1500-2100 and stay there for a lill bit. what do u guys think is the problem? any suggestions? im getting my rear 02 sensors deleted and my EGR this week so idk if thats the cause... but info would be appreciated. thanx kyle
Old 12-30-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Regular

Possibly the IAC is sticking or the blade could be sticking as well. It would really help to get a scanner on it and see where your TPS % is at when this is taking place to help hunt down the gremlin.

Click Here

Especially read post 4.

Last edited by 01'WS6; 12-31-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

Hmm, I saw that happen to a friends ride when he took it out of storage. Turned out to be his battery was kaput.

Try swapping a new battery in there 0 just to see - borrow someones and see if that helps.