Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right intake for 245 cc (WCCH) heads?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Right intake for 245 cc (WCCH) heads?

Duh, I don't know if this is the right sub-forum, but at least it is the closest I could find.

So my question is, should I change my current LS6 intake manifold, port it, or just stick with it?

Here's my engine combination:

- LS7-based stroker (427 cid)
- 9.8:1 compression ratio
- 245 cc heads from West Coast Cylinder heads (http://www.proheads.com/WCCH245.html )
- 228/232 115 LSA cam
- stock LS6 intake, MAF and throttle body
- 60 lbs injectors
- A&A T-Trim Vortech with 3.125 pulley
- 8-rib setup with 8" Innovators West balancer
- 2003+ FFS Corvette fuel system + A&A fuel system with additional fuel pump
- 10+ boost (not sure of exact number as I've had some problems with pre-boost fuel pressure)

I'm not looking after some huge rwhp numbers, but of course I'd like to have a decent combination so that none of the components represent a major performance restriction. As I have T-Trim to push air into engine, I guess it's not that important to have excellent intake manifold, but I'm still a bit worried if WCCH heads are much bigger than my stock LS6 intake manifold. I didn't measure the port width from the manifold, but I did measure port width and height from the head itself.

So what would you guys recommend? Some say that FAST 90 mm manifold has problems with blowers? True?