Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Decided to go with Avon Tyres

Old 01-01-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Decided to go with Avon Tyres

Well guys I have finally decided to go with some Avon tyres for the short term...long story short, Im getting divorced, need new tires, and cant spend a fortune on the bfgoodrich kdw's I want..I really only need rear tires so Im just gonna order two of the M500's tomorrow and use them for a while and if they turn out to be good I will order two more for the front..if not then I will just wait and save my money and grab the bfgoodrich's..but bottom line is I gotta have something now as my Goodyears are bald and the Avon seems to be a good cheap tire with few complaints..here is a link to the ones Im purchasing..I will update since there is not really a review of them anywhere

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....R7M500&place=0
Old 01-02-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sumo's would have been a cheap better choice then those avons...you need to look into that
Old 01-02-2008, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tend to respsectfully disagree with you..I have had Sumo's in the past and have not been pleased with the results from them..there too soft for some of the roads we have here in the south..some very crappy roads and the they didnt last long..just wore out way too fast for me and I dont like any of their tread patterns..so I decided to go with these..but thanks for the input

Search this Thread