Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new some help

i have a 2000 ta, i was driving to work today and when i got to work noticed there was alot of noise coming from the motor well popped the hood and listend and im thinking maybe i dropped a valve and its hitting a pistion and was thinking about going to a different motor if i have to. my question is what is the difference in the ls2 and the lq4/lq9 i know the ls2 is an aluminum block and the lq4/9 is an iron block and the lq4 has dished pistion. other than that whats the difference and will the stock ls1 heads and cam and all that stuff bolt up to the lq4/9 block. new to this game so im trying to ask as many questions as possible.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:27 AM
Launching!

ttt!!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Banned

The LQ4/9 Iron block is a GEN III Motor. This still uses the cam sensor in the rear of the motor and the knock sensors in the valley just like your 5.7 in the car now. The LS2 is a GEN IV and requires a LS2 Timing Cover, Timing Set, Relocated cam sensor and knock sensors. This may seem overwhelming but is easy. Your choice should really depend on your goals. If you are looking for a good street car with alot of power and some extra weight will not be a factor for you I would go with the iron block to save some money.
If you plan to race the car and anywhere you can save weight is important, use the LS2 block.
If you would like we can also rebuild your factory block. Of course this all depends on what your plans are for the car.
Shoot me a PM or email @ Leom@4wre.com and I can get some pricing together for ya.

Thanks,
Leo