Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Corvette Running Gear Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Running Gear Build

I purchased one of those Corvette running gears that you may have seen on E-Bay. I am going to install this in to a Chevelle. I know that I will have to remove most of the floor in the car, and I will have to lengthen the torque tube about 11" to match the wheel base of the Chevelle.

I am building a new frame to make this work. I was wondering if anyone has done this build of one of these Corvette running gears.

Has anyone built a frame for any auto? If so, can you give me any pointers. I have built a frame jig out of tube steel on my gaurage floor so I can make the frame square and level. If you have done this, I would love to hear your comments.

So far the build has moved forward with out too many problems, other than finding someone to make the torque tube longer. I have spoken to a couple of shops to do this, but so far still trying to find information on doing this. If you know someone who has done this, please let me know.

Right now I am building the frame and am trying to figure out how to get springs to fit, to handle the additional weight of the Chevelle, or run the stock spring springs with coil over shocks, but not sure if this will be enough, and am thinking that I might be better off to go with air bags.

Any help or feed back would be appreciated.

Thanks Jim
Old 01-06-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try the hybrid forum.