Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FI power vs N/A & Nitrous power (same?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI power vs N/A & Nitrous power (same?)

I just bought an sts kit and i plan on installing some other mods as well (check sig), and i know i can get some good numbers out of the sts kit with the mods i already have, however, will those number justify my track times? I ask becuase it seems as though from reading past threads, that members who have the STS kit or other forced induction kits, push good numbers, 500rwhp-600rwhp and are only hitting 11's and rarely 10's. And at the sametime, i read of cars with 550rwhp N/A running 10's easily. Is it me, or does it seem that N/A horsepower seems stronger than FI horsepower? Does this have some truth? Or do owners who have STS kits suck at driving? Myself.... i cant really suck at driving, being that i have a stalled auto.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:14 AM
12 Second Club

I can't speak for the STS track numbers but in comparison to the front mounts they aren't as track proven. Could be due to the spool time for the upgraded turbo (not looking to debate this, just an opinion). Seems the way to go is having a built motor that can put you in the 11's and a blower to put you a second or two down from there (or more if you're some on here)
Old 01-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

there is a very good explanation, we as turbo/supercharger people are usally full weight street cars, and the nitrous guys are more the track guys. if the nitrous guys didnt always have to fill up their bottles they would be going to the track alot less

also a big part is that there is probably 1 turbo/super guy for every 50 nitrous guys