Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need your help!

Old 01-03-2008, 01:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need your help!

I know this has probably already been posted, but I was looking for a simple answer and didn't want to have to search night and day for the specific info I needed. I have a '98 Z28 and I have Pacesetter Ceramic Coated LTs coming in Friday... The race version without egr hook-ups. I thought I had read somewhere that I can just get rid of the who egr thing altogether. Is this right?
Old 01-03-2008, 04:07 AM
TECH Resident

yes you can, but if you are still using your stock ls1 intake manifold you will need a plug for that...since you are getting "race" version headers you won't need the egr block off place for the passenger side header...but since you are getting "race" headers you are not going to be using your air either...you should just take that out as well...only taking up weight

you are most likely going to throw a code(ses light), if you know of a dyno near you take it to them so they can tune out your egr, air, and rear o2 sensors
Old 01-03-2008, 04:31 AM
On The Tree

Yeah I really do want to get rid of that damn air conditioning... It's just an extra pulley and dead weight... What do I need to plug the intake with? Is there some kind of kit or something that will make it look nice and neat? Oh and I'm already throwing a code since my cats have been whacked off...
Old 01-03-2008, 05:00 AM
TECH Resident

there is a kit that thunderracing makes for 16 dollars, or you can search on here about ppl making their own....yeah it will look clean...losing egr cleans up the engine nicely especially if you have a lid...well once you get all this done, dyno it and get rid of the light

Search this Thread