Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

axles different from 93-02?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default axles different from 93-02?

I recently slammed into the side of the curb trying to get around a tight turn quickly, and shattered the wheel and bent the axle. The local pull a part place has a 94 firebird and a 93 camaro V6 i believe, will the axles out of those work in my 4 channel rear end? if not where could I get a new one for not a ton of money? are the axles the same from drivers and pasengers sides?

thanks in advance...
Old 01-03-2008, 11:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by magius231
I recently slammed into the side of the curb trying to get around a tight turn quickly, and shattered the wheel and bent the axle. The local pull a part place has a 94 firebird and a 93 camaro V6 i believe, will the axles out of those work in my 4 channel rear end? if not where could I get a new one for not a ton of money? are the axles the same from drivers and pasengers sides?

thanks in advance...

the axles are the same length each side. the only difference will be 3 or 4 channel abs. a 3 channel axle will not work with a 4 channel rearend.... there is no reluctor wheel on a 3 channel axle. i'm not sure of the 3 channel axles have been machined for the reluctor, but if so, the you could just swap the reluctor wheel over from your existing axle.
4 channel axles are in 98-02 tcs equipped cars. you should be able to locate a good used one in the sales section. v6 and v8 cars are the same rearends.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

ok thanks a ton for the information. Does anyone know if the 3 channel axles have been machined for the reluctor wheel?
Old 01-03-2008, 11:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by magius231
ok thanks a ton for the information. Does anyone know if the 3 channel axles have been machined for the reluctor wheel?
No the 4 channel is usually forged with the step as part of the flange for the abs ring. We have new stock replacements and HDaftermarkets in stock. Give me a call.

Jeff
Old 01-06-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a lot of low to no milage axels. they were out of low milage to no Fbodys I will give you a good deal. I Think I have 3&4 chanel. PM ME OR Email me carssnut@comcast.net