Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Ryne @ CMS is da man!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 12:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Ryne @ CMS is da man!

Hey guys... all i can say is Ryne and Mike over at CMS friggin Rock...

Ryne just called me up and said my new AFR's are on their way...

These guys have helped me out so much i can't even put it into words...

Long story short, months back, a buddy of mine drove the hell outa my car. Unfortunately there was some damage done to it... Finding out the damage done was to my water pump, and I was also having some oil leak from my tranny at first believed to be a rear main seal but later found out a faulty clutch install caused the leak. Ryne, on a Sunday worked to get the new water pump on and fix the leak in my clutch housing in order to get my car back to me for my drive to Phoenix the next day...

car ran about the same it always has, maybe a little worse for the next few weeks... I was then due to go to BBK for an install and photoshoot for a magazine article (whole different story)... So i drove back to BBK in Temecula from Phoenix and we began working on the car... from the time I got there we noticed this clicking/clanking noise coming from the engine bay... we went ahead and installed some parts (IM and TB if you must know) and did some dyno runs... about 8 or so... meanwhile my clutch started slipping like a ****... (we'll get to this in a bit). well the evening came around and all of a sudden the car was seriously shaking HORRIBLY and we knew something was wrong... I call up Ryne and he says to just leave it and he'll take it from BBK to his shop at CMS the next morning, as I had to leave back for Phoenix that night. So I agreed and just left the car with him in SoCal...

A little time goes by and I get a call from Ryne saying that we got some bent pushrods, and a failed lifter... no doubt done from months back when my buddy was driving. Mechanical over-rev i believe he called it. So Ryne undertakes pulling the heads and basically seting me up with a whole new upgraded valvetrain... We were a little worried that the cam had been damaged so he put an upgraded cam in it as well...

I'm in Phoenix while all this is going on... I get a call from Ryne saying that when he did 2 dyno pulls, afterwards, the car started shaking like crazy again and the same clanking noise was still there! He said "I'm not putting that thing on the dyno anymore till we find out what the problem is". Seeing as I had a whole new valvetrain in the car, the problem was somewhere else... The Bottom End

Basically at this point I agreed for him to start tearing it apart and see what other actual damage was done... Well last week i was able to drive back down to SoCal and I dropped by his shop where the motor was completely disassembled and he had told me that I had a spun rod bearing, and then showed me that ALL of my pistons were hit by the valves! He then said, we've got 2 options... Rebuild your LS1 with forged parts... or... I've got an LQ4 engine over here we can use and do some upgrades to it with... He also showed me that the oil leak in my tranny had pretty much ruined my clutch disc and he'd get that taken care of for me as well...

we decided to go with the LQ4 as of which he is currently working on right now...

Ryne knew I was in a bind and couldn't afford much, as my father just recentley passed of cancer, and i'm a full time college student, so funds for this type of thing are not available to me to spend on a whim... His pricing extremely fair and really knows how to help a guy in need out. This is my only car (i'm borrowing my dad's old mustang from my mother right now) and I depend on it very much to get me from A to B. So fixing it is a must.

I highly recommend Ryne/Mike over at CMS for all your LSX needs as they are HONEST, Keep you informed, fair pricing, and specialize in these cars so they actually know what they are doing.

On a side note, the car should be finished sometime here in the next month, as we are waiting on a lot of parts to come in and I know that takes time and holds up a project... but after all said and done I feel i'll have a strong dependable and powerful engine that I can once again enjoy as my DD.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not gonna lie, i didnt read all your essay, but from what i did, it sounds like they do great work
Old 01-03-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
I'm not gonna lie, i didnt read all your essay, but from what i did, it sounds like they do great work
@ Essay
Old 01-03-2008, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's cool! Big Ups to Ryne @ CMS
Old 01-03-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Junkie

yea... i'll make a new thread when everythings finished with the specs and results
Old 01-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's awesome! Great to hear Wes!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Teching In

I agree, Ryne does great, honest work.

I saw your car in his shop two weeks ago when I was getting some work done. Ryne actually talked me out of putting on a BBK setup that I have, while we were looking at your pulled motor. You could use some better luck.

Good luck with your next motor.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Maxx
I agree, Ryne does great, honest work.

I saw your car in his shop two weeks ago when I was getting some work done. Ryne actually talked me out of putting on a BBK setup that I have, while we were looking at your pulled motor. You could use some better luck.

Good luck with your next motor.
yea... he's trying to talk me out of it to... and I would do an LS6... but the fact that I got it free and that BBK will be seeing the car after all said and done would be a slap in the face to them if i didn't have it on there for the magazine shoot...
Old 01-03-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
That's awesome! Great to hear Wes!
Yea Mark... maybe when I go pick it up I can meet up with a few of you guys when i'm in the area....
Old 01-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Yea Mark... maybe when I go pick it up I can meet up with a few of you guys when i'm in the area....
Or I could just pick it up for you
Old 01-03-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can honestly say that I have never heard anything bad about CMS......Ryne & Mike are both stand up people! Ryne is also a perfectionist when it comes to cars.....
Old 01-03-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Or I could just pick it up for you
and drive it to Phoenix? alright... saves me gas or an airplane ticket...
Old 01-03-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by travie319
I can honestly say that I have never heard anything bad about CMS......Ryne & Mike are both stand up people! Ryne is also a perfectionist when it comes to cars.....
It's honestley the only place i really feel safe leaving my car to get worked on... i've been screwed so many times in the past by random mechanics, but I've known Ryne personally from back in the day for a while and he is the type that will tell you like it is, and yes, the perfectionist thing is a plus!

and on a side note he's been really great about all my relentless PM's and gobs of messages. Keeps me updated regularly

Last edited by Soul TKR; 01-03-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by travie319
How long has his shop been open?
Old 01-03-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Junkie

bout 5-6 months i'm guessin?????
Old 01-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
@ Essay
ya i havent read that much on one topic since school
Old 01-03-2008, 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

That is why you never heard anything bad about CMS. They are a new shop. Give it time, there are a lot of dick head people that love to talk **** and want everything for free.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
ya i havent read that much on one topic since school
sorry... just wasn't really any other way of getting the whole story out...
Old 01-03-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by onephatZ28
That is why you never heard anything bad about CMS. They are a new shop. Give it time, there are a lot of dick head people that love to talk **** and want everything for free.
you're probabley right......but he's been around for awhile....
Old 01-03-2008, 09:57 PM
EkS
On The Tree

Hey Wes, you might want to spell sponsor right. If it was in your post I wouldn't have said anything, but it's in your sig...

Quick Reply: Ryne @ CMS is da man!