Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 1993 FD RX7/LSx build...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 05:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1993 FD RX7/LSx build...

Ok well, I havent been able to really do much to the car up till now. The car is a 93 with just under 60,000 miles on it. I bought it about 6 months ago and have been waiting to get parts to start the build. I dont have much yet but here it goes.

The day I first got it..

Brembos and Greddy Type S's

The beautiful engine bay..

Now like I said before..I JUST started getting parts in to get this thing going. The plan is for this car to be a summer only street(mostly track) car. I will be going to the race track once a week maybe twice a week during the summer. The motor is a 347 with forged pistons/rods stock crank studded everything. An MS3 cam with stock heads(for now) and a 200 shot of nitrous. I wont stop till the car goes 9.99 or faster and from what I seem to be reading it shouldnt be TOO hard to get there.

I also want the car to go back to near perfect condition. I will be repainting EVERYTHING(including under the car) electric blue...not sure which exact form of e.blue yet.I painted the engine bay black(incase I change my mind now or in the future on paint I wont have to worry about doing that. Heres a few pics of what I got in so far with ALOT more to come over the next 2 months.

Sumped tank

The old GSS341(255lpr pump) which was in the tank for about a year and has 0 miles on it(if you want the pump im looking to get 60$shipped for it) And next to it is the magnafuel 4302 external which will be fed -8 to the speedinc rails and back to the tank.

Heres the engine bay after it was stripped and repainted(with all the body panels off) I will not be putting the ABS or AC back into the car(if you notice the line lock..thats gonna go right to the brakes) The bay is very dusty so you cant really tell but it came out very well.

Here is one of the 2 seats that are going in the car. Corbeau Forza micro suedes. They are VERY comfortable seats(my friend has them in his talon) In feb my car goes in for the 6pt roll cage from Miller Race Cars in Wallingford CT(they do NASTY fab work)it will also be getting a few more good from them.

Nothing exciting to look at with the engine yet..give it time and ill make it look a lil nicer.

Thats it for now..again ill be updating this slowly. Any questions feel free to ask. BTW im located in central CT.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:27 PM
10 Second Club

Well the linelock/ABS is done. Came out nice and clean..

Now heres a panel ive redone about 500 times to get it right. I cut and "fabbed" and filled and epoxied many times. I also finally found a paint that was good enough for the interior. I used duplicolor bedliner(actually did it by accident and it came out awsome) so I did the rest of the interior and it came out mint. Kinda looks like the 94+ plastics. I did the door plastics guage bezel this one and the shifter tray. The paint is REALLY tough and wont scratch or fade. I have 2 guages going in the big holes, the line lock lite going where the AC button used to be and possible a shift light(maybe oil pressure warning light) going where the hvac level adjuster goes.

And heres the gas tank finished...it will be going in the car as soon as I can find a spot to mount my pump. With an aeromotive a1000 pump you would have to mount the pump level with the bottom of the sump(not gonna happen in this car) cuz its a gravity feed. With the magnafuel you can mount the pump as high as 12" above the sump and it will still function properly.(called Magnafuel and they gave me that info)
Old 01-03-2008, 05:28 PM
10 Second Club

Pile of wires takin out of the harness(hours of work..I see why Hinson charges so much now)

The harness now...I still have to get new black plastic loom to go over it.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:29 PM
10 Second Club

Heres a pic of what both seats will look like. I should have pics tomorrow of the custom seat rails I made from the stock ones. Ive heard bad things about the ones corbeau makes plus I wanted to mount the seats how I wanted it. Stationary and as close to the center console as possible.The reason for this is cuz im getting a roll cage in 2 weeks and I want to make sure there is enough room for the door bars. Also with these brackets the seats are low enough as to wear a helmet will fit no problem(on both sides)

Heres the dash assembly 90% done(most of it is painted..everything but the driver side door insert which will be done this week)

A random shot of the interior...
Old 01-03-2008, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

Subframe is in. I got the motor mounts yesterday-ls2 alum stands with buscuit style mounts(they are so much lighter than the LS1 mounts) I would put the motor in tonight but its WAY too damn cold to do anything so im going to wait till tomorrow(should be a lil warmer)

Old 01-03-2008, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was gonna say....

No insulation in that garage in CT in winter, holy crap its gotta be cold!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bonecrrusher
I was gonna say....

No insulation in that garage in CT in winter, holy crap its gotta be cold!

Haha yeah, I have a space heater in there..works like a charm..but my aunts garage is small..and you cant put the motor in without the garage door open. It was -8 degrees this morning.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:05 PM
11 Second Club

looking good
Old 01-04-2008, 09:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm workin in the same conditions up here in MA and its part of the reason I've put almost the same project on hold for a while
Old 01-05-2008, 05:52 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah I HATE the cold.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Snyper
Yeah I HATE the cold.

I hate paying for a part and not getting it or hearing a response from you. Thats what I hate.

You have time to post pictures and post on the forums but cant send my fly wheel?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...496&highlight=

Where is my fly wheel and the tracking number?

Last edited by MrCoffee; 01-06-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you have not already bought your roll cage,check out racecars.com.They have prefab kits for about any vehicle and I think I only paid about $125 for mine which is NHRA approved and fit perfectly.Good luck with your project.Should have been s&wracecars.com.

Last edited by BLNLS1/RX7; 01-06-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Misspelled words
Old 01-06-2008, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

Im a little disapointed at how easy the engine went in. I had it in by myself in about 10 minutes.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

Theres a pic of the fuel stuff in the back all done..such a pain in the *** to make lines.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:26 AM
TECH Addict

Looking good man. I wouldn't mind buying one of these built already.

Andy
Old 01-16-2008, 07:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by White.Lightning
Looking good man. I wouldn't mind buying one of these built already.

Andy

Youd be surprised at how much they go for with a fairly stock swap.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Snyper
Youd be surprised at how much they go for with a fairly stock swap.
I know what they cost. This is something I might partake in once I get a garage. Who knows.

Andy
Old 01-24-2008, 06:49 PM
10 Second Club

I dont think ill ever sell mine..ill never make the money back on it.

Quick Reply: My 1993 FD RX7/LSx build...