Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

My New Project Car!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 03:52 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My New Project Car!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine has a crazy obsession to build a tire smoking Road Race car. He currently has a 427 that made 550 rwhp but that just wasn't enough for him. So he asked me to slap on a blower and give him 950-1000 rwhp horsepower. So myself and Dave@CDN Perf where honored to be able to have Frank's blessing to turn his car into a monster! Check out his car!

look at those meats-there going to melt!!!!

This front end was made for the ECS intercooler!!!!!

So the plan is to pull the 427-Dave will go through and it make it blower friendly and install the awesome ECS PROCHARGER KIT with a F1C head unit. The F1C is the cooler running blower so under constant rpm's this blower along with ECS's giant intercooler will keep IAT temps in check. It will also get the famous ECS meth kit as well for some added protection.
I'm going to be testing some cams that will make big power and pull to 7000 rpm yet still be docile for everyday driving. Jessels will make sure the valve events are accurate from idle to 7000 rpm.
Kooks will supply some stepped headers or maybe even the 2" headers and I'll be building a custom h-pipe/mid pipe with 3" resonators to keep the car muffled but restriction free when going in and out of the SW 3" catback.
Jack from Racetronix will be supplying the fuel with his FJO driver box, harness, 96lb injectors and everything else we need to feed 1000 rwhp.
Where going to go with the EVAN's cooling system to keep the car cool under constant abuse it will go through.
Franks already taken care of the brakes as he's got 15" Brembo's going upfront and 14"'s out back-there's so many pistons stopping it I lost track-lol!!!!
Speed TVwill be putting a in-car camera to film Frank as this car is going to be entered in the One Lap of America race!!!!!!
This car is getting my 100% undivided attention as this build is a little more demanding than building a drag car! I'll keep Doug at ECS busy as he just went through a similar build with his Vert!
I'll keep everyone posted with updates and pics as the car progresses-what better way to break in the new dyno!
Who wants to make a bet that he's gonna ask me to pulley it down so he can put that power to the ground!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

That car is one of the best looking C5 I have ever seen..Frank picked the right guys to get the job done right. I can't wait to hear and see that monster on the dyno. The shop looks great too..Cleanest shop i ever visited..

Make sure to take pics along the way guys..
Old 01-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mitymikec
That car is one of the best looking C5 I have ever seen..Frank picked the right guys to get the job done right. I can't wait to hear and see that monster on the dyno. The shop looks great too..Cleanest shop i ever visited..

Make sure to take pics along the way guys..

I agree 100%!
Old 01-06-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by eb02z06
A friend of mine has a crazy obsession to build a tire smoking Road Race car. He currently has a 427 that made 550 rwhp but that just wasn't enough for him. So he asked me to slap on a blower and give him 950-1000 rwhp horsepower. So myself and Dave@CDN Perf where honored to be able to have Frank's blessing to turn his car into a monster! Check out his car!

look at those meats-there going to melt!!!!

This front end was made for the ECS intercooler!!!!!

So the plan is to pull the 427-Dave will go through and it make it blower friendly and install the awesome ECS PROCHARGER KIT with a F1C head unit. The F1C is the cooler running blower so under constant rpm's this blower along with ECS's giant intercooler will keep IAT temps in check. It will also get the famous ECS meth kit as well for some added protection.
I'm going to be testing some cams that will make big power and pull to 7000 rpm yet still be docile for everyday driving. Jessels will make sure the valve events are accurate from idle to 7000 rpm.
Kooks will supply some stepped headers or maybe even the 2" headers and I'll be building a custom h-pipe/mid pipe with 3" resonators to keep the car muffled but restriction free when going in and out of the SW 3" catback.
Jack from Racetronix will be supplying the fuel with his FJO driver box, harness, 96lb injectors and everything else we need to feed 1000 rwhp.
Where going to go with the EVAN's cooling system to keep the car cool under constant abuse it will go through.
Franks already taken care of the brakes as he's got 15" Brembo's going upfront and 14"'s out back-there's so many pistons stopping it I lost track-lol!!!!
Speed TVwill be putting a in-car camera to film Frank as this car is going to be entered in the One Lap of America race!!!!!!
This car is getting my 100% undivided attention as this build is a little more demanding than building a drag car! I'll keep Doug at ECS busy as he just went through a similar build with his Vert!
I'll keep everyone posted with updates and pics as the car progresses-what better way to break in the new dyno!
Who wants to make a bet that he's gonna ask me to pulley it down so he can put that power to the ground!!!!!!!

...buy you a dozen donut's and extra large double-double if you let me take it for a spin.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Launching!

That is one of the sweetest C5s I've ever seen. It caught my eye when I was over at Canadian Performance yesterday.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:47 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I've seen pics of that thing before. Awesome body kit on there I'm not usually one for modified bodies but that does look sweet. Bro hes gonna really dig that new set up for sure. Heck who wouldn't?
Old 01-07-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn the more I read the more inpressed I was. Not skimping out on anything are we. Obviously money is no object. That thing will do nothing but haul. Sounds like it will even be a nice DD if chosen so. I agree unless at the track that monster will need to be pullied down. Too much power for the street thats for sure. I said STREET, lol.

BTW, I'd pay a whole lot more tha a double double and a box of donuts to take that for a spin
Old 01-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Launching!

Power is so addictive, no matter how much you have you always want more.....I think 1000rwhp will be more then enough though! Good luck on a problem free build Arun.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:22 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Not that its my business BUT... You guys might wanna do a documentary vid of the build and dyno tuning etc of this thing. I'd be straight as a laser and show the real goods and post it up... I'm sure everyone here has seens "Joes TT GT40" if you haven't do a search on google that thing has over a million views!!!!

Thats guerilla marketing at its best. Just a few thoughts for you guys to really make a splash.

No music or cheesy text ghey'ness either. just the car, the mods, the power. If its all there good and bad and honest and done. It'll work well IMO

But hey what do I know about marketing??
Old 01-08-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

i wish i had a "toy" like that one!

dear lord
Old 01-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

That's taking one awesome Vette and making it more awesome...er... !!!
Old 01-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Teching In

look sick!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2008, 03:14 AM
TECH Regular

wow that vette looks killer!!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:09 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Websy21
Damn the more I read the more inpressed I was. Not skimping out on anything are we. Obviously money is no object. That thing will do nothing but haul. Sounds like it will even be a nice DD if chosen so. I agree unless at the track that monster will need to be pullied down. Too much power for the street thats for sure. I said STREET, lol.

BTW, I'd pay a whole lot more tha a double double and a box of donuts to take that for a spin
Thanks bro! I wouldn't say that money is no object but were just going to upgrade what needs to be for some grueling runs! The car is a totoal DD-the owner drives this car all the time! Last year he even drove the car to Carlisle!

I'm just honoured to be part of something like this-Frank is more horsepower obsessed than me!!!!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eb02z06
Thanks bro! I wouldn't say that money is no object but were just going to upgrade what needs to be for some grueling runs! The car is a totoal DD-the owner drives this car all the time! Last year he even drove the car to Carlisle!

I'm just honoured to be part of something like this-Frank is more horsepower obsessed than me!!!!
Sounds awesome, I can't wait to see the results. I'd do anything to have that ride as my DD.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Frank's C5 is awesome. I remember about 7 years ago when that thing was stock and I came along and corrupted him and got him involved in this wallet draining obsession!

I can't wait to go for a ride in it when its done with this new setup!

Quick Reply: My New Project Car!!!!!!!!!!