Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My header install

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My header install

Well i put my headers and y pipe on last night so I figured I would do a follow up. I have pace setter header and ory. Well taking everything off was alil bit of a pain. Especially the passenger side. Even getting the spark plugs were kind of a chore. I didnt have to disconnect the steering knuckle. BUt after that the headers went in within 5-10 mins for both headers. Then bolting it all back up and putting the plugs back in was alittle bit of a hassel. Oh both headers had to go in through the bottom. But over all it was a good learning experience. I have a leak somewhere but its my first header install. Im pleased with the final product. Thanks for the help and to the ones who did all the writes up on the header installation.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

see, headers arent to bad now are they?

Im sure youre loving the sound and power from all your hard work though
Old 01-06-2008, 01:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by shdybrady1988
Well i put my headers and y pipe on last night so I figured I would do a follow up. I have pace setter header and ory. Well taking everything off was alil bit of a pain. Especially the passenger side. Even getting the spark plugs were kind of a chore. I didnt have to disconnect the steering knuckle. BUt after that the headers went in within 5-10 mins for both headers. Then bolting it all back up and putting the plugs back in was alittle bit of a hassel. Oh both headers had to go in through the bottom. But over all it was a good learning experience. I have a leak somewhere but its my first header install. Im pleased with the final product. Thanks for the help and to the ones who did all the writes up on the header installation.
Wow you had to remove the steering knuckle? I've never had to do that on any Pacesetter F-body install...

oh, I bet you didn't cut off the casting tab... Yeah, the hardest part is always taking the old stuff off..haha
Old 01-06-2008, 02:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shdybrady1988
Especially the passenger side. Even getting the spark plugs were kind of a chore. I didnt have to disconnect the steering knuckle. BUt after that the headers went in within 5-10 mins for both headers.
he didnt have to...
Old 01-06-2008, 03:18 AM
11 Second Club

Oops, I'll learn to read one day.