Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Ceramic Coating in Central Jersey?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Ceramic Coating in Central Jersey?

I figured I'd kill 2 birds with one stone in this thread...

First question; does anyone know of a good ceramic coating place in central Jersey?

Second question; does anyone know if you can ceramic coat a header that has already been ceramic coated? I bought my car with Grot headers and had my custom header back system made with them on(ball and socket flanges). The headers don't really need to be re-coated but I was seeing if I can get that done if I wanted to in the future. I am not sure if you can strip ceramic coating.

Thanks for any info.

Marc
Old 01-07-2008, 09:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grifter
I figured I'd kill 2 birds with one stone in this thread...

First question; does anyone know of a good ceramic coating place in central Jersey?

Second question; does anyone know if you can ceramic coat a header that has already been ceramic coated? I bought my car with Grot headers and had my custom header back system made with them on(ball and socket flanges). The headers don't really need to be re-coated but I was seeing if I can get that done if I wanted to in the future. I am not sure if you can strip ceramic coating.

Thanks for any info.

Marc
Marc,

Jet-Hot coatings just opened up a new facility in Quakertown PA. We just got a set of turbo manifolds done and turn around was only a couple of days. Re-coating and stripping can all be done.

Nick
Old 01-07-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Marc,

Jet-Hot coatings just opened up a new facility in Quakertown PA. We just got a set of turbo manifolds done and turn around was only a couple of days. Re-coating and stripping can all be done.

Nick
Awesome, thanks Nick!
Old 01-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats awesome, they finally got a facility in the NE as opposed to their AZ place. as far as recoating, they can. When I had my Jet Hots redone, they described the process, basically as long as there is good metal underneath because some meterial is lost in the process they can be recoated.