Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

REAL bad trans probelm M6 Smoking????

Old 01-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question REAL bad trans probelm M6 Smoking????

My trans has been messing up for a couple of days now... i lost fouth then 3rd then 2nd. it will still feel like its going into the gear but as soon as i left out on the clutch it grinds and pushes it back out?? what could this be?? and today i went down the road about 3 mile only to see a huge cloud of smoke behind me... But my car was running normal and going into 1st 5th and 6th like it has been... i stoped to see and *** of tranny fulid on the ground.... i wasnt giving my tranny hell so what could this be?? oh and about three week prior i instald a spec stage 3 clutch and a new slave cyl. .. any info will help... thanks..
Old 01-07-2008, 02:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you have something leaking or the housing is broken. That is the only way it would smoke. If you are positive it is not hydraulic fluid leaking on something hot you should STOP driving it ASAP.

Also you should check the fluid level. Make sure it is Full.

Amber
Old 01-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

I just got under the car as far as i could ( 1.6 lowerin springs) and saw that it sprayd the whole underside of my car and its a purple color fulid. I cant get under there far enough to see where its coming from... (need a lift to jack it up to low for a floor jack) but the weird thing is i just did this out of no where and that... it still act like its got fluid.....
Old 01-07-2008, 04:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Purple fluid? What type of transmission fluid did you use. Could it look black like burnt transmission fluid? Sounds like you have busted the housing if it sprayed the under side of the car.

Amber
Old 01-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Banned

You definately have an issue .
Old 01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

i cant rember the name brand but it was dextron 3 but its at the shop now i will post what my mech. says it is.......( he is unsertified just knows his stuff)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: REAL bad trans probelm M6 Smoking????