Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Do You Guys Think

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Do You Guys Think

Was wondering what you guys think on my setup before i install everything...

/SLP Lid & Smooth Bellows with a K&N Filter
/LS6 Intake
/Ported, Polished & Epoxied TB
/Crane 1.8 Roller Rockers
/Pacecetter Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers
/TEA Stage 1 5.7 Heads - Comp. '978' springs, Milled .030 to 62cc chambers, Ported & Polished, 2.02/1.56 Stainless Steal Valves & Titanium Locks & Retainers.
/Custom Full 3" Hooker Exhaust with No Cats
/3.73 Gears
/Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs
/UMI LCA with Relocation Brackets
/BMR Strut Tower Brace
/Hotchkis Sub Frame Connectors
/Electric Water Pump
/Underdrive Pulleys
/HPTuners

I'm just wanting to know if there is any problem with any of this stuff that any of you see before i install it or maybe even something that im missing, i will have this dyno tuned after i get everything up and running. The reason im asking you guys what you think is because i don't want to be disappointed once i get it all together and running correctly, and would like to make changes now, rather then after i get it all on the car and find out i did something wrong.

I plan on doing a small cam and a few other little things like rear end, built tranny, and some more suspension things later on this year. But i was just wanting to get a feel for how much power i can expect to make with this combo that i listed above with a good dyno tune. Thanks in advance guys
Old 01-09-2008, 02:02 PM
TECH Junkie

those heads are 225cc intake runner.

that's gonna kill your low/mid range probably. you don't list a cam, so i assume stock.

good luck, everything except the heads seems great.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Banned

How much will it kill it? Will it be worse than stock? Yes i will be running the stock cam. Could i reverse this by going with a bigger cam? If so what would you reccomend? I may just wait and do a cam also if you guys think it would be best...
Old 01-09-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately upgrade your cam to at least the 230's range...
Old 01-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Banned

what would you recommend?
Old 01-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

Please be careful of the epoxied TB's we just had a memeber here in hawaii that had a severe prob with one. After about 250 miles of changing to this epoxied Tb his car began to make a clunking sound then died and would not start. Here is what he found....

Towed the car home and took off the intake.looked at the throttle body and the epoxy to cover up the iac and pcv hole are gone!!! engine sucked in the hunk of epoxy, through the intake, and into the combustion chamber! all of saturday i ripped out the motor and took it apart. i was grieved to find out it busted a dent in my pistion, gouged my cylinder walls and cracked the heads!

Be careful on who you get the ported Tb's from..
Old 01-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Banned

i was told when i bought it that it was done by a highly experienced sponsor i forget who it was though, the guy i bought it off of ran it on his car for a while, but i will deffiently watch out for that, thanks a lot for the info man. What are the chances of that happening, is that the only case that you have heard of?

Still lookin for cam suggestions!!
Old 01-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned

anyone?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:56 AM
Restricted User

Upgrade your cam....you'll be better off in the long run....and you'll make the power you want with those heads...
Old 01-10-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Junkie

cam upgrade will gain you more power for less money than running the rockers and heads on stock cam.

a good cam for a nice flat torque curve is something like the TR224 or 228R, and if you want to go a bit bigger something like the Futral F13 or F14, or the TSP torquer V2.

the TEA heads would compliment those cams pretty well, particularly for the cost. but with the larger runner you'll still have a sluggish low end. something like the AFR 205s would be a killer combo...but are more $$.

remember with a cam you can't run 1.8 rockers.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Banned

So how much are these heads going to kill my bottom end? Like are we talking less bottom end than the car has stock, or just not as much as it would have if i through a cam in too?