Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Cant get right side axle out

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant get right side axle out

well i broke the drivers side axle and tryin to get it all out.I know the passenger side alxe is supposed to push in a little to get the c clip out, but I dont have a traction control sensor either.so ive tried c clamps and all to get it to fall out but it want budge.its just a stock rear end too.any input may help.thanks
Old 01-10-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Resident

well make sure you pull everything off the end of the axle, tire, caliper, rotor, backing plates, everything. Then open the pumpkin and take out the little bolt on the carrier, should be 8mm? I believe. then that silver pin that bolt was holding in will slide out in either direction. Push the axle in to pull the c clips out, and the axle will slide right out.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 478TAM6
well i broke the drivers side axle and tryin to get it all out.I know the passenger side alxe is supposed to push in a little to get the c clip out, but I dont have a traction control sensor either.so ive tried c clamps and all to get it to fall out but it want budge.its just a stock rear end too.any input may help.thanks
Ok so is it the c-clip that is suck or the axle itself?
Old 01-10-2008, 08:01 PM
12 Second Club

I broke an axle pass side on a c-clip rear. And couldn't get the drivers side out. The spline's twisted inside of the spider gears. Because the drivers axle almost broke the spine's didn't line up and it wouldn't go in. the piece of pass axle that was left in the other spider gear was twisted also [ about a 1/4 inch of spline that sticks though the spider gear by the cross pin ] I couldn't get it out though the axel tube. I had to cut it apart with a torch and the posi unit was trash. I was trying to beat them in with a sledge hammer........
good luck
Old 01-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by formula98ws6
I broke an axle pass side on a c-clip rear. And couldn't get the drivers side out. The spline's twisted inside of the spider gears. Because the drivers axle almost broke the spine's didn't line up and it wouldn't go in. the piece of pass axle that was left in the other spider gear was twisted also [ about a 1/4 inch of spline that sticks though the spider gear by the cross pin ] I couldn't get it out though the axel tube. I had to cut it apart with a torch and the posi unit was trash. I was trying to beat them in with a sledge hammer........
good luck
Im gonna need it i guess, because ive got everything off that should be, like they said it should just push in and the c clip should fall out but it want budge.dont know what to do.