Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Ipod not working Error 11???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod not working Error 11???

Yesterday i went to start my car and it didnt start. Long story short the battery was dead and after i got the battery working my Ipod adapter that plugs into the back of my pioneer HU wasnt working. When i go to the Ipod it says reading but then it doesnt play and says Error 11. does anyone have the say Pioneer HU and the Pioneer Ipod adapter and has had this problem?

If anyone knows please help me out.
Thanks Matt
Old 01-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Disconnect and reconnect the cable.

I did a quick search on Google and found a few different answers for what an Error 11 is on a Pioneer headunit. Some were related to using the built-in CD player and external CD Changers, but one thing I found was in reference to the blue wire in the iPod cable. It seems that if the blue wire is disconnected, you'll get that error, but you can also use the iPod's interface to control it instead of the headunit's interface. Here is where I found that last bit: http://www.milkcarton.com/blog/2007/...d+Adapter.aspx
Old 01-10-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VIP1
Disconnect and reconnect the cable.

I did a quick search on Google and found a few different answers for what an Error 11 is on a Pioneer headunit. Some were related to using the built-in CD player and external CD Changers, but one thing I found was in reference to the blue wire in the iPod cable. It seems that if the blue wire is disconnected, you'll get that error, but you can also use the iPod's interface to control it instead of the headunit's interface. Here is where I found that last bit: http://www.milkcarton.com/blog/2007/...d+Adapter.aspx
Mine dosent have a blue wire? Or at least that i know of.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by crapyboy750
Mine dosent have a blue wire? Or at least that i know of.
I don't know what the cable looks like, but if it looks like a thick black cable, then the blue wire is inside and leads to one of the pins. Try disconnecting and reconnecting the cable. It might be loose.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VIP1
I don't know what the cable looks like, but if it looks like a thick black cable, then the blue wire is inside and leads to one of the pins. Try disconnecting and reconnecting the cable. It might be loose.
I already reconnected and connected everything more than once.

Quick Reply: Ipod not working Error 11???