Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

c5 deck swap??

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c5 deck swap??

im about to try to replace the deck in my 01 c5, im replacing all th e speaekrs and doing away with all the bose set up...is there anyhting special im going to have to do too wire the deck up or is it like the f-body and pretty strait forward??

Thanks,Britt
Old 01-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You actually have alot ahead of you for this conversion but it is still pretty much straight forward. I do have mounting plates for you to use when you replace the speakers as the Bose ones are attached to the mounts with the amps. My mounts allow you to bolt right into the stock location aftermarket components for the doors. Here's what it looks like with and without the speakers:

This would help your installation. I also carry the harness adapters, amp kits, subs, amps, and high quality components. I can put together a speaker package with the mounts if you like.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

I've done decks in C5s before, but it has been a long time. If you want to use the internal amp of your new deck, you should run your own speaker wire to each speaker, or just find the amp, test your wires to find the speaker wires and the signal wires from the deck that correspond to each speaker output from your new deck. Cut these wires and match each speaker wire making sure to keep everything in phase(+ to +, - to -). This would effectively bypass the factory amps and make a non Bose setup without running all new wiring. You could do this without bypassing the amps, but considering you'd be amping the signal twice, the sound quality would suffer and tends to pop and crackle when adjusting the volume. I apologize I haven't had more recent experience with the C5, or I would have a diagram labeling the wire colors and locations to make your endeavor a bit easier.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the info guys!