Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your ideals on this build

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Your ideals on this build

I would like to know what some of you think of this build, What would you add or change or?

I have a 04 SSR it weighs 5,080 with me and gas or did before I put a glass hood, It had a aluminum 5.3 I added Magna charger with 2.8 pulley 10 pounds of boost, SuperMaxx headers with hi-flow cats and a FlowMaster 50 cat back, Had the tranny built by RPM and a Vigilante 2800 converter Deep pan and cooler, Comp 1.85 rockers, Beehive springs, Racing push rods and rpm kit, Alky spray, It run 12.70's fighting traction at 108., Now the build, I blew a piston and was going to rebuild it with forged parts and then ask some guy's about just sleeving it for a 427, Lingenfelter and other said it would be better to just start over and build a LS3 so I got a Z06 5.7 block, Eagle balanced stroker crank and rods, JE pistons, Lingenfelter GT2-2 cam, Dart 225 heads, ATI balancer, The engine was a 6.2, Put the engine together and Lingenfelter did the machine work, Other than what is listed all other parts came off the 5.3, The boost drooped from 10 pounds to 5, The injectors that come with the suer charger are 42's I used the throttle body off the 5.3, We tuned it or the best we could with the HPTuner, We had to say it was still a 5.3 and changed a few things, It fired right up, Had a lot of codes but a guy went through them and mostly turned them off, It runs great, Really streetable and will just melt the 20 inch tires, with the alky on, I run it all the time when you get on it the fuel air drops to 9 just driving it is 14.5, I would like my boost back up but at 5 pounds the AIT heat is at 160 and the engine was set up to run more than 10 pounds, So what do you think the good bad what would some o you engine builder do or change