Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Building 6.0L Iron Block

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help Building 6.0L Iron Block

Im building a 6.0 iron block stroker engine. Theres a lot of choices for c.i. and displacement and all. The block was already bored to 4.060 and its got some rust that could clean up, but the machinist and the tech guy at Eagle said we could take it to 4.125 and there would be no problems with cylinder walls or overheating. Any suggestions on what size bore and stroke I should go with, and maybe what kind of heads and cam. Its not going to be a drag car, but i dont want to go all soft and stuff just cause its gonna be driven on the street. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:04 AM
10 Second Club

here's mine
http://www.stealthram.com/408.htm
Old 01-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Banned

Recommend going with a 4.000" stroke crankshaft

I have a set of Diamond flat top pistons (4.060 bore x 4.00 stroke) in stock.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by orangeirocz28
Im building a 6.0 iron block stroker engine. Theres a lot of choices for c.i. and displacement and all. The block was already bored to 4.060 and its got some rust that could clean up, but the machinist and the tech guy at Eagle said we could take it to 4.125 and there would be no problems with cylinder walls or overheating. Any suggestions on what size bore and stroke I should go with, and maybe what kind of heads and cam. Its not going to be a drag car, but i dont want to go all soft and stuff just cause its gonna be driven on the street. Thanks for the help.
We have an engine we are machining for a sponsor on here right now going 4.070 w/ a 4.100 stroke is a good way to a 427. Wiseco offers alot of options with th 4.070 bore. We also have our rotating assemblies on sale right now for $2075. That is the price balanced + freight. Here is a link to the rotating assembly packages: http://weberracing.net/Engine-Type-G...184/index.html

Since you already have a block I am sure I can work something with our shortblock specials that we have going on right now to complete your engine using your block.

Thanks,
Leo
Old 01-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the help, keep it coming. Ive never heard of K1 Technologies, and info on them, or ever have any problems. Also is that 2075 for the rotating assem. balanced and including shipping or is shipping extra?
Old 01-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by orangeirocz28
Thanks for the help, keep it coming. Ive never heard of K1 Technologies, and info on them, or ever have any problems. Also is that 2075 for the rotating assem. balanced and including shipping or is shipping extra?
Shipping is extra.

K1 Technologies is a subsidiary of Carrillo. Tom Molnar, who was the head of Oliver (I am sure you have heard of their connecting rods) started K1 Technologies and was picked up by Carrillo to be able to offer an affordable version of the Carrillo lineup. Think of K1 to Carrillo as Compstar is to Callies. Before the K1 line you could not get a set of Carrillo Rods for under $1200...
and this was years ago. Tom Molnar has over 25 years of experience in energy transfer technology (Bottom end rotating assemblies.) so you can rest assured this is not some new guy that decided to sell a cheap connecting rod.

We have used K1 rods in many Turbo Buick applications making over 1000 RWHP on only 6 cylinders without a problem. You can search on our good name on Turbobuick.com, we are one of the premier shops in the Buick community for a long long time pioneering alot of Turbo Buick parts.

Up until last year when I was brought on the Buick community was our only online presence, Bryan Weber (Shop Owner) brought me on to take make our name known in the LS community. We have been doing LS motors since the introduction in 97, private labeling work for some companies.

I hope that helps!
-Leo
Old 01-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Any help if i did go with a 427 ci rotating assembly, anyone have and ideas as far as heads and cam to go with?

Quick Reply: Help Building 6.0L Iron Block